• peak oil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • global warming

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • total economic collapse

• religous thing

• something from outer space (please specify)

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • biological

• chemical

• other

• it wont

• Total voters

ubernuton

HSC
so, how do you rekon the world (as we know it) will end?
i mean almost ever political group belive it will end some way if something isn't done sowhat do you think?

no more argueing about "(as we know it)" you get what i mean

Last edited:
HSC
what do you mean the world as we know it
the world as we know it changes constantly and is different to how other people know the world

ubernuton

HSC
yes but the world is constanitly changing, but it is never a big change all at once, we are changing from a world we know to another world we know, what i am talking about isthe world as we know it changing into a world we don't know (and probably killing alot of us on the way)

ubernuton

HSC
no your question was valid, i had consider puting it in my origonal post, but i figure most people would get what i was on about

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
But the world won't end until the Sun engulfs it. None of those things will destroy the planet.

What you really meant is the collapse of modern civilization. I don't agree that it necessarily will collapse, I think there is a reasonable chance we will work things out and colonize space and develop AI and simulated reality that will allow us to exist for a very long time.

If I had to take a guess at the most likely thing that would end civilization, I'd say weapons of mass destruction for sure.

However, even a nuclear holocaust doesn't preclude some humans from surviving and rebuilding a civilization, or from future intelligent species developing on earth.

ubernuton

HSC
But the world won't end until the Sun engulfs it. None of those things will destroy the planet.

What you really meant is the collapse of modern civilization. I don't agree that it necessarily will collapse, I think there is a reasonable chance we will work things out and colonize space and develop AI and simulated reality that will allow us to exist for a very long time.

If I had to take a guess at the most likely thing that would end civilization, I'd say weapons of mass destruction for sure.

However, even a nuclear holocaust doesn't preclude some humans from surviving and rebuilding a civilization, or from future intelligent species developing on earth.
ok this post is why i am editing back in (as we know it)
also my advice to you is to learn a bit about peak oil
name me 3 thing in your house that oil hasn't been used to produce

Last edited:
HSC
N/A

none of those things is possible on this scale without oil. there are no other realistic power sources.

HSC
N/A
ok this post is why i am editing back in (as we know it)
also my advice to you is to learn a bit about peak oil
name me 3 thing in your house that oil hasn't been used to produce
i dont think thats a massive problem in and of itself. the problem is that we can't sustain 6-7 billion people without oil. fertiliser depends on hydrogen - a byproduct of oil refining. transport depends on liquid fuel entirely - look at the distances people in western sydney travel, look at the lack of infrastructure, look at the problems. and the building of new infrastructure depends entirely on oil (liquid fuel).

you cant have nuclear powered tractors, and solar cells take a lot of energy to build (which comes from - yep - oil)

blueduck

i dunno but i know exacty how fast im going
HSC
i think a stealthy little burst of gamma radiation from the death of a super massive star would be a pretty mad way to end everything.

although, scientists promise that this will not happen for a billion or so years, there is always the possibility that they are keeping this information from us to prevent the world going to complete shite before everyone's brain boils :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)