how likely is a question on myths or queens???? (1 Viewer)

poodoorfan

does anyone know, cos we hardley learnt anything on queens, not enought to write and essay anyway maybe a page at the most, and myths???? would they really ask a question about these topics when there is a whole lot of other far better questions in which you are able to use the info you've learnt in class

hipPo3

HSC
Well they had a question on Queens in the 2004 HSC test ... and for my trials there was a short question on Myths, Both for O.K.A.E

Myths arent that hard to remember if ur talking about O.K.A.E
- theres the Horus myth (fighting with seth and loosing the eye)
- Osiris myth (finding the pieces of Osiris)
- Myth of Creation (this includs Geb and Nut and the 365 days)
- Myth of Afterlife (balancing of the heart with the feather of truth)

Queens arent hard to remmeber aswell (for O.K.A.E)
- Nieth-hotep (Fist queen to be classified as a god)
- Hetepheres (wife of Sneferu, important as she acted as reigent and her tomb shows the quality of life lived by Queens)

sorry, i can only address this to old Kindom Anceitn Egypt... im not sure about Sparta or the others .. They'll normally have something like, Evualuate the impact of 2 Queens (like in 2004) or something like that.

poodoorfan

no thanks thats fine, i was meaning egpyt anyway, musta forgotten to say though, but we never did the weighing of the feather against your heart stuff, wouldn't that sorta fall into religion a bit?

and yeah with the queens i have some info but there's no way i'd be able to write and essay on it, thank god they give you 2 choices, but im really really hoping its not about queens and then the other about myths, hahaha that'd be sooooooo cruel

thanks though for your help

hipPo3

HSC
You've never heard of the afterlife myth ?!?!?
ur teacher sux... But thats stil no excuse not to study about it.

all thier myths fall into the category of Religion, so yea

we still have a whole day till the exam .. good luck

poodoorfan

yeah well i've heard fo it and know about but thats just from things outside of school, not from class, we did the old kingdom and apparantley that wasn't in the syllabus but the other class that did new kingdom did all that afterlife stuff and the gods, we were more with pyramids and kings

niteshade1312

HSC
most likely. Myths you can wrap into religion, and queens is pretty easy. Heteopheres and Ankhensmeyre II, lots!!

rhapsody11

HSC
N/A
hipPo3 said:
You've never heard of the afterlife myth ?!?!?
ur teacher sux... But thats stil no excuse not to study about it.

all thier myths fall into the category of Religion, so yea

we still have a whole day till the exam .. good luck
As if you can talk.

You're using a tonne of inappropriate evidence.

rhapsody11

HSC
N/A
poodoorfan said:
we got told the q's is most likely gonna be on decline of the old kingdom
Don't listen to what you get told. The only people that have any idea about the question are the 10 people that write each individual question. Generally speaking, only the head supervisors see the entire paper for their respective areas. That's usually 3 people (one for each Kingdom). Those people never give any hints at all, so I doubt that your tip is legit.

Even if that's the case, you might find that that question doesn't suit your other Section hopes. EG, it's in section II, but you want to do section IV.

hipPo3

HSC
The guys that make the Q's for the Tests arent allowed to teach Yr12 for that year. So they wouldnt know what the yr 12's are learnt.

rhapsody11 said:
As if you can talk.

You're using a tonne of inappropriate evidence.
i didnt give any evidence .. o.0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)