how long are we meant to have to study for our hsc exams? (1 Viewer)

HSC
i heard thats its meant to be one month but at my school we come on week 11 so that makes it 3 weeks to study:( exactly how much time are we meant to have to study?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
A minimum of two weeks at my school, as we get let off at the end of week 11 like many other schools do. In other words, the public schools holiday (2 weeks).

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
my graduation is monday week 11 so that leaves me with 3 weeks and a half of study.

hopefully i can try cram all my non study activities + sleep into about 12 hours, leaving me with a good 12 hours of study per day.

could fit in 300 hours of study in that time if you go out hard.

bboyelement

HSC
champ_sammy_19 said:
when i was doing my hsc at my skool we got 3 weeks, the 2 weeks of the hols and the first week of term 4 before the exams
its basically the same for us 2 weeks holiday and like nearly a week of school ... i have exam on friday ... so its like 3 weeks i mean 2 days of weekend wouldnt make any differences

Tim035

HSC
DeathB4Life said:
my graduation is monday week 11 so that leaves me with 3 weeks and a half of study.

hopefully i can try cram all my non study activities + sleep into about 12 hours, leaving me with a good 12 hours of study per day.

could fit in 300 hours of study in that time if you go out hard.
Yeah I tried 12 hours a day in the holidays leading up to trials.... after 3 days it slipped down to 8... after one week it slipped to 6 1/2. Whilst I didn't have a problem sitting on my ass and writing/reading for 12 hours, your brain seriously just turns to mush after about the 8 hour mark and you just stop absorbing anything.

But maybe thats just me, the guy who's had pneomonia, glandular fever and numerous bronchial infections in the last 12 months. I bet their are individuals who have the ability to study till the early hours of the morning if they have to, but not me :(

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
dont kill yourself over study. relax ;)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Start studying now. It should be easier now, considering that most things will already be in your head, due to the study periods during the trials.

Although i just want to relax till grad. :eek:

shimmy&shine

HSC
Have some fun while you study. Talk to your friends. Converse with yourself (maybe that's just me, lol.) Race against time. I don't know, but make it fun fun fun.

That way, study becomes easier, and less stressful. Keep it slow and gradual. Don't go hardcore now. Lead up to it slowly. I'm planning to do it that way anyway. But just thinking about how my exams are spread out in the HSC month, I have one week to study each subject.

It's weird, but I feel no stress, and i feel like i should be. lol.

vojnik

HSC
Tim035 said:
Yeah I tried 12 hours a day in the holidays leading up to trials.... after 3 days it slipped down to 8... after one week it slipped to 6 1/2. Whilst I didn't have a problem sitting on my ass and writing/reading for 12 hours, your brain seriously just turns to mush after about the 8 hour mark and you just stop absorbing anything.

But maybe thats just me, the guy who's had pneomonia, glandular fever and numerous bronchial infections in the last 12 months. I bet their are individuals who have the ability to study till the early hours of the morning if they have to, but not me :(
rofl wtf. 12 hours a day? GOT LIFE?

Too much of anything is not a good thing, I thought everyone knew that....

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
for me , 6 hours is already stretching it. if i study more than that, theres no point becoz nothing will adhere to my tiny brain.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
well for most of us its only the English Paper 1 on the Friday of that First week anyway. That way you get a whole 2 days to study for English Paper 2 (the weekend) instead of just 1 day as they had in the past.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
As others have said the amount you study and how hard you study is completely up to you, after all it is your HSC and your future. If we are talking about how long teachers would like us to be studying for a HSC well that would of been a constant effort throughout the year and devoting the remaining weeks to the HSC...whether that happens or not is another story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)