How long before you have sex? (1 Viewer)

Simmey

HSC
first time time gap

Ok guys, how long do you think that people in a relationship should wait until having sex the first time?
a month
two months,
6 months?
I know many people want to wait till marriage but apart from that what do you think is suitable.
This is just out of curiosity

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Sounds like you already know its going to happen if you're asking this question??? Perhaps ask yourself why you asking - so that you would remain decent in other people's eyes??? I don't think everyone can agree about what is "decent" so perhaps you should do some quiet thinking, talk it out with your partner if needed be cuz the answer should come from you.

EDIT: oops I made an assumption that you were asking for personal reasons.

Simmey

HSC
Nah, its not personal.I dont have any guilt or problems with my relationship in that sense. Its just ive had heated discussions with friends who have strong views on the 3 month waiting time and i was wondering whether this idea was shared with many people.
Plus, this seems to be the sector for corny questions so why not join the bandwagon!
My boredom has been manifested into cheesy threads

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
It should be greater then 1 hour.

Simmey

HSC
sub said:
u dont want to wait till marriage?
I've been with my bf for 8 months and we have been sleeping together. I dont have a compulsion to wait until marriage

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
well, the heated debate must have been weird... I mean...

it depends on how long you've known the person to prior to the relationship too... I think the 3 month thing is just something to make sure you know what you're doing and WHO the person you're with is like....

I just think it varies according to how well you know the person, what feels decent/mature/appropriate to you and your partner, as well as both of your beliefs in sex before marriage. :)

Unless of course, you like casual sex....

(I'm ranting again)

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
Well it's not like there's a set period of time. Those people saying three months are weird. Is it going to be inappropriate to have sex at 2 months and 30 days, but ok the next day? It's all relative, depends on what the context is. If 2 people are in love, feel prepared and know each other well to feel like it's a natural progression then that's the right time. Be it 3 months or 3 years.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i think its personally up to you well obviously both of you but you are in control of your body and are respsonsible for the physical and the mental part of it.
If you can get your head around it sooner then i see no problem with it as long as its with the person you think is right.
i'd say 1 year + though

jen23

theres definately no set time limit... its when ever two people feel happy and comfortable together and want to. if you both want to, and know neither of you will regret it, then thats the right time.

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
Yeah there isn't a set time limit.

I was virginal but waited just three days, but i know people who wait a loooooong time.

I think its different for each couple too... not just each person. Like, I would never make a habit of three days or anything.

I think saying i will sleep with you at the three month mark is ridiculous because "if you ain't ready - you ain't ready." and if its just to make the other one happy and thats a "reasonable" time to make them wait then it's stupid aswell. As far as holding out to make the girl seem harder to get and therefore more wanted - thats just demented.

However, what is "right" and what is the "norm" is completely different. I nearly fell of my chair when I read the whole one year plus thing... because although I think "good for you... not caving in" I think that is so rare. These days I think the norm is like between 2 and 4 months.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
argh some people i know have the whole set time limit thing goin, ranging from 2 hours to 2 weeks to 5 months. Personally, as others have already stated, it's got to do with the 2 people involved (or more if thats wat ur into :p). If both feel they are in love and they want to express the feelings physically then they should go for it. There really shouldnt be any set time limit. Everyone is different. Every relationship is different, so every decision will be different.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
as most other people have said...just when you both feel ready
you obviously shouldnt be/feel forced into it...but just whenever you wanna
personally....im still a virgin..but you should really wait for at least a few (probably closer to 6-ish) months imo
but thats just me...

django_

HSC
yeh i always thought before like at least 6mths or so....but me n my bf did at 2mths...he was my first, and hes had heaps of experience before. the thing is, we both knew we loved each other it felt too right...even though id only known him for a totaly of like 4mths at the time..
its funny cuz ive heard people bag others out for having sex so soon in a r/ship, but until u experience the feelings, the emotion with the person you will never know. i knew he wasnt going to sleep with me and dump me, which is one of the reasons why it happened sooner rather than later:)

but yeh, as everyone will most probably say...watever u feel is right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)