How long did it take for you to start recieving your Youth Allowance? (1 Viewer)

john31459

HSC
N/A
Bit over a week, in person (well I actually had someone go in my place...), but they backpaid me for that week.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
took like 2 weeeks, i got it during easter, so i didnt get my letter for a while, and then they canceled it cause i hadnt reported my income, but i couldnt because they hadnt told me i'd been successful, but then they put me back on

Danoz The Great

HSC
JFK said:
Centrelink is fucking SHIT.

The government seriously needs to up the pay for government positions to get better quality personell applying for and working in these jobs.

As it stands, the retarded speds I have to deal with to make even the slightest change to my youth allowance is ASTOUNDING.
thats nice. but it didn't answer my question :)

korrupt samurai

Sneaker Addict
HSC
Man, i don't have youth allowance yet and its been like a month and a bit now. They keep sending letters to me,saying to provide more info on stuff like further proof of identity and tax returns like 3 times now!! =__________=.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Got it from my 16th birthday... forget how long it actually took to "approve" but it was all fairly easy.

mR.aCAdEMiK

Mo-del Student
HSC
hey,

wats the requirements for youth allowance and what should i do to apply for it?

thanks.

cazzy160344

HSC
Do you have to be poor to receive the Youth Allowance? I'm in Year 12 and this sounds a bit too-good-to-be-true. Anyone can get Youth Allowance if they're studying full-time? I read that link above and it doesn't say anything about being in financial difficulty..

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
cazzy160344 said:
Do you have to be poor to receive the Youth Allowance? I'm in Year 12 and this sounds a bit too-good-to-be-true. Anyone can get Youth Allowance if they're studying full-time? I read that link above and it doesn't say anything about being in financial difficulty..
basically if your parents earn over X amount (30-something grand combined I think) you're not eligble until you establish yourself as independent which you most likely won't do in yr12 unless there's outstanding circumstances, ie your parents kick you out on the street

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
The good thing about getting YA due to parental financial difficulty is it basically automatically qualifies you for UAC's Commonwealth Learning Scholarships. Good times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)