How long did you really work on your SGP for? (1 Viewer)

moomoograceeee

HSC
did mine gradually along the way, but really only spent like a few days on it.

nevery

HSC
Unlike many other assessments in my school life I actually did this over the few month allocated time period. Much better than leaving it to the week before, but it can be done a week before, just more pressure, but some people like that. I do that with most assignments and go fairly well, but for bigger stuff like the SGP and major works I like to span it over a number of weeks/months. I got 38/40. :) And no survey used. :)

3Lachlan2

HSC
i'm not sure whether the HSC version of the SGP is still called the SGP, but its due monday, its thursday now, and im starting the report tonight and doing the extended response tomorow.
as far as i know the HSC doesnt have a SGP of the like

nevery

HSC
as far as i know the HSC doesnt have a SGP of the like
Same here. We haven't been told about it, anyway and I haven't seen it in the syllabus. But perhaps some schools do it in the HSC year rather than the Preliminary year?

student6625

HSC
Same here. We haven't been told about it, anyway and I haven't seen it in the syllabus. But perhaps some schools do it in the HSC year rather than the Preliminary year?
That would be terrible. HSC Geography is already so much work without the SGP weighing you down.

Matt2233

HSC
I did mine completely the night before and still got 18/20 :D

Might be cause i did a similar question to my year 10 one though hehe :p I didn't have time to do anything else really cause i had my ancient history major work thing due the day before ><

And i pity whatever fool of a school makes their students to it in the HSC year...

3Lachlan2

HSC
that person would have to be mistaken... no school in their right mind would allow such a massive offence, and if they did the board of studies would make someone accountable

basically what im saying is its 'illegal'

nevery

HSC
3Lachlan2 said:
that person would have to be mistaken... no school in their right mind would allow such a massive offence, and if they did the board of studies would make someone accountable

basically what im saying is its 'illegal'
I've never heard of it happening, and for good reason. The HSC is hectic enough as it is.

Funkifrog

HSC
The SRP is specified in the Prelim syl. Not the HSC if your school hasn't given it to you in yr 11 and are trying to give it to you now do something about it because as people have said above it is illegal. Talk to your teacher and if that doesn't work your DP then your priciple and so on til something is done its not fair.

As for my SRP last year we were able to work in pairs so my mate and I did ours in one night at my place and got 97/100 for it. Made up the stats and just about everything else but ha it was only yr 11.

Good luck.

3Gis2G

HSC
3 days before due date(everything). Made up stats though
Same here, but my mark sort of reflected the one afternoon I spent on it =[

However my entire geo class made up their statistics (excluding one or two students).

lucy-in-the-sky

HSC
mine took me about a week to gather the data and then another week to write up the report...not as long as what they gave us

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)