How long do ur courses go for??? (1 Viewer)

kido525

HSC
I got accepted into civil engineer and im doing 5 years full times sounds hardcore work , just wondering how long u guys would be staying in uni for

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I'll be in University between four to six years if not more. While my first Bachelor is only a three year program, it's being combined with a Certificate and I'm weighing up the options of whether to upgrade the Certificate into a Diploma or Bachelor - upgrading to Diploma won't really add much extra time but upgrading the Cert into a Bachelor would give me a double Bachelor program that goes for five years or more. On top of that I want a teaching qualification and the Graduate Diploma in Education and the Graduate Bachelor of Teaching both take approximately a year. And this doesn't take into account the fact that I might decide to do some extra postgraduate stuff.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Six years. MBBS.

Plus the one year of Nanotechnology I spent before then... I won't graduate until I'm 25.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
kido525 said:
wow thats gonna be alot of hard work and determination
5 yrs - 4 yrs for commerce/science + 1 yrs science honours (mathematics)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
4 years (transfering to commerce (liberal studies)).
1 year extra for honours
2 years for MBA
Then a number of years for a phd

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
7 years if I get to combine arts with the med degree, maybe longer if I take the medical science honours year route... It doesn't look like I'll be leaving university any time soon.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
My course goes for 3 years, I've got one year left, yay!
Then it will take 4 years to do my post graduate course, because I want to do it part time.

HSC
N/A
Arts/Commerce at USYD - 5 years!
I know this sounds too far ahead of myself but I want to do Honours (if I'm good enough/patient enough).
Yeah....but I like to learn. Knowledge gives me pleasure :) .

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
natstar said:
What post grad course are you doing. Are you doing it at UWS? If its Masters, it's only 2 years pt, or are you doing another one after that.

Ive decided that I'm probably doing Masters. I was thinking of doing honours but we have to do a research thesis (and marketing ones involve maths and look too hard, so I dont want that), so I'm thinking Master of Marketing by course work at UNCLE, either next year or the year after
I'm thinking marine science and management or some sort of natural resource management at UNE, UNE is 4 years part time. UWS post grad courses weren't what I wanted to do. I'd only be interested in the environmental management one, which didn't sound too exciting.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
This is my 5th year at uni (last semester), so 4.5 years all up, and the 4 years has gone by really fast. I'm going to miss uni when I'm finished. After working full time as I currently am, I appreciate how much better uni is and I can sleep in and stuff. If you have fun at uni and get involved in stuff and hang out with your friends instead of being anti-social like some people, then the 4 years will just fly by.

W

whsmith

4 Years... At the time being. B Property Economics

Could be shorter due to Excemptions.
This year i completed;
Diploma of Property
Certificate IV Strata Management
Certificate IV Business Broking
Statement of Attainment in 'Stock and Station' [Cows and the like... moo.]

Also... Im Horribly Anti-Social. I don't like people. At All. So its probably gonna feel like 10 years. :D

Plus, Im thinking of Doing a Masters - But i have to be out of uni for 2-3 years to qualify [i believe].

Will S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)