• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How long does it take to get to MQ from Epping (1 Viewer)

zstar

HSC
N/A
Is it possible to walk there?

If by Bus how long?

And which Bus do i take?

Tabris

HSC
Epping station bus stop, its under the white building in the corner, jsut follow the students.

all go to Macq uni from epping station, 10 min bus trip in non peak hr. costs u 80c. Dont walk, very hilly and might get ran over since there are no pathways in the hilly epping road.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
zstar said:
Is it possible to walk there?
it's possible but sif be bothered. as tabris said, it'd not worth it. as a pre-first year i imagined myself walking from the station *shakes head*

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
it's doable i think, but so is drinking 5L of coke at breakfast - it's doable, but, you are better off not doing that - use the milk, i mean bus!

withaface

HSC
Don't walk. I'll give you 80c for the bus! wow man, I can't even contemplate that walk, I even catch a bus from uni to mac centre (lol, its a 3 min walk!)

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Tabris said:
Epping station bus stop, its under the white building in the corner, jsut follow the students.

all go to Macq uni from epping station, 10 min bus trip in non peak hr. costs u 80c. Dont walk, very hilly and might get ran over since there are no pathways in the hilly epping road.
At the moment the bus stop has moved to Pembroke, nr Oxford due to the construction.

The 292 goes from Marsfield to the City (via uni) so you won't be able to catch it from Epping.

You forgot the 295 (North Epping to Macquarie Park via epping station and uni). And there's also the 140 (Epping to Manly via uni) which only travels twice a day hehe.

It really shat me the other day when the 295 bus driver saw me running towards the bus stop at uni about 30 metres out. I signalled him during my run, but the bus didn't stop as the 4 people at the stop did not signal the driver. I was thinking fine, they must be waiting for the Para bus. And then the 288 finally arrives 10-12mins later...and low and behold, each of those 4 people get on the frickn bus. Like wtf?! I mean they waste their own time as well as mine by letting a perfectly fine Epping bus go. Grr... Ok, rant over.

withaface - I can't actually believe you'd catch a bus from uni to the mac centre (it's under 3 mins!) Unless it's from the AFRTRS stop - then fully understandable.

Last edited:

H?

buddy
HSC
withaface said:
lol gtg, big shame-I catch it from the sibt building. hahahahahhaha.
Wow, and I thought that I was lazy.

You win, dude, you win.

withaface

HSC
H? said:
Wow, and I thought that I was lazy.

You win, dude, you win.

haha, awesome.

Also, screw numbers. Just go to the bus stop and hop on any bus there, it all leads to Mac.

Also also, (wait for it, I have the whole laziness pat down). If you don't like walking up the steps at Epping station and walking across the road to the bus stop, get off at Eastwood, the bus stop is down stairs and straight out, the walk is a little shorter than the one from epping station to the bus stop.. anyways, get the 545 to Chatswood (DON'T FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HOP ON THE 545 TO PARRAMATTA) and that also takes you to mac. In the morning there are more express trains to Eastwood than ones that go to Epping.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
withaface said:
Also also, (wait for it, I have the whole laziness pat down). If you don't like walking up the steps at Epping station and walking across the road to the bus stop, get off at Eastwood, the bus stop is down stairs and straight out, the walk is a little shorter than the one from epping station to the bus stop.. anyways, get the 545 to Chatswood (DON'T FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HOP ON THE 545 TO PARRAMATTA) and that also takes you to mac. In the morning there are more express trains to Eastwood than ones that go to Epping.
rofl it's what, 5 steps instead of 10?? :p

withaface

HSC
hahaha shhhhh. At least at Eastwood you don't have to compete with bloody epping boys high boys to get on the bus!

IAB I'm assuming you've caught the bus from Eastwood. ANYWAYS, It always puzzles me, all the fobs go on the otherside of the station once they get off the train, so when the bus goes around the corner, they always miss out because the bus is full, so why do they still do that? (YES, this deeply and thoroughly amuses/annoys me).

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
no i haven't, i have caught it from epping though and since it's about 10 steps from epping station i could take a guess ;)
but hahaha really?! very puzzling

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)