How long does it take you? (1 Viewer)

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
DaRanjed said:
Does it take you more than an hour to travel to your Uni?

How long?
Yes! 1 1/2 - 2hrs, depending on the traffic. I tried to leave for uni after peak hr times - usually went up between 6-8pm and left on the Friday at either 11am or 5pm.

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
8minute leisurely walk to classes
3 minute run to class
1.5 minutes mad bike dash to hand assignment in at 4:55pm

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
10hrs

but when i get there, i'm there for the entire semester :( :p

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
About an hour and ten minutes if I'm taking the bus.
About an hour and forty minutes if I'm taking the train and walking to the station.
About fifty minutes if I'm taking the train and I have a lift to the station.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
About an hour. But I've done it in 45min (Clean traffic, no trucks and I'll confess to the occasional breaking of the 100km/h speed limit on the way down to UOW.

It used to be the good part of 2 hours before I moved back in with my parents.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
OMG.

I'm so not going to a Sydney university.

mz_200sx

do u get sick of the travelling............like is it really bad and some does u r just like stuff it im not going cant be bothered????? especially if u have a 2 hr tutorial and have 2 travel 2 hours just 2 get there.......im thinking of going 2 uts kurugai and i live in liverpool......so approc 1 hr driving or about 2 hrs via pub transport (2 buses 1 train)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
mz_200sx said:
do u get sick of the travelling............like is it really bad and some does u r just like stuff it im not going cant be bothered????? especially if u have a 2 hr tutorial and have 2 travel 2 hours just 2 get there.......im thinking of going 2 uts kurugai and i live in liverpool......so approc 1 hr driving or about 2 hrs via pub transport (2 buses 1 train)
try to design your timetable to avoid days where you only come in for 1 hour.

saves.the.day

HSC
mz_200sx said:
UNSW and I'm sure other uni's allow lots of control over your timetable. At UNSW you basically build up your own timetable that suits you, so you can avoid things like only having a 1 hour lecture on a friday etc. Last year I tried spreading my lectures and tutes etc over the week. This year I'm aiming to just sqeeze them all into a few days so I can have more days off.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
It depends on the degree and subjects that you take.

During first year I had 8 compulsory subjects to do which were basically all lectures - so i couldn't change them to suit myself. Each semester I had a day off which was good.

However, second year is different, i have to choose 6 out of 8 subjects, and i'm tailing my timetable to the times that will suit me, cause i don't want to travel like 3 hours each way 5 days a week.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
by public transport it can take about 1.5 hrs for me. by car (which should be the case for this sem) is about 30-40 mins.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
3hr drive to Uni. Of course, I'm staying there on campus :D so in reality about a minute, maybe five max :p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
If i was ever bothered to get my p's ... it would be about an hour drive. Me thinks that i should get them so i don't have to put up with the almost 3 hours trip by stupid city rail. :mad:

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Same boat as Ziff --> about 2 minutes ;) 5 If I have to walk to the far end of campus ;)

Bathurst is bout 3 hrs from home too though. :p

saves.the.day

HSC
Ziff said:
3hr drive to Uni. Of course, I'm staying there on campus :D so in reality about a minute, maybe five max :p
haha nice one.

Hey Ziff, good to see you got into ANU; always noticed you had your hopes set on that law course. Great you got into what you wanted.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Usual trip:
- 10 minute drive to station (average)
- 5 minutes to park and walk to platform
- 43 minite express train or 55 minute normal train to Central (on-time running)
- 10 minute walk to UTS

So in total about 1 and 10 minutes at the earliest.

Alternative trip is:
- 20 minute drive to station (average)
- 5 minutes to park and walk to platform
- 35 minute normal fast train or 40-45 minutes slow train to Central (on-time running)
- 10 minute walk to UTS

So in total about 1 and 10 minutes at the earliest.

If I drive:
- 40-45 minute drive to City via tolls
- 5 minutes to park and walk out of carpark
- 5-10 minutes to walk to UTS

So in total, about 1 hour at the earliest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)