how long is it taking for you to finish comprehension? (1 Viewer)

vitamin D

HSC
^
so i've been doing practice exams and im always finishing around 1hr 10 mins. Is this normal? or is it normally done within 40-45 mins. If anyone has any tips please share!

crowley926

HSC
You should only spend 40 minutes on that section (never go over time) otherwise you're giving yourself 50 minutes to finish both your essay and the creative which is not good.

My tip is to divide the time proportionately. If it's 3-3-3-6, I'd probably do 8 minutes for the first three then spend about 15-16 minutes for the last one. Stick to this time frame religiously. If you go over then too bad and move on because getting 15/15 in reading task is not worth it when it means your essay and creative don't get finished.

Don't write more than you're supposed to because you won't get extra marks. Don't overthink it and just write the first things that come to mind. For the last question remember you're allowed to re-use techniques/quotes you used for previous ones so don't waste time looking for new ones. Don't try to be fancy and find really underground techniques that no one else will use because it won't really make a difference.

sharoooooo

HSC
i spend around 30-35mins for section I Paper I.
13/15 or 14/15 mark.

but then it all goes downhill for ModABC lmao.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)