how long? (1 Viewer)

al_87

HSC
how long should our personality answers be? for both parts? im thinking about 500-700 words, considering its only worth ten marks but im not sure...and do we need historiography?? they are sticking it down our throats at school, but both the modern teachers are hopeless!!

hikari

HSC
it should be half the size of your national study essay then xD 2ish pages i suppose, but then it all really depends on your handwriting

anyways, people love historiography.. relevant historiography :p

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
20mins each so 3/4 pages depends on handwriting, yeh throw in a few quotes for the 2nd question which is usually assess or evaluate.

NICK__

HSC
it's less than 20 mins each isnt it? cos we have only 70mins to do that section, so it would be 17.5 mins for both personality essays! how do you write an essay in that time???

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
quoting is a good start but make sure you explain your quotes and how it is relevant to your assessment of the personality.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
i dont think 'quoting' specifically is neccessarily what is required in Modern History, rather making a point for your argument, and then referencing it to a historian properly. For instance:

Kita Ikki is considered perhaps the most infamous Pan-Asianist & Ultranationalist of his time, which is according to Storrey in his text 'Japan and Its Revival'.

From there, if you want to mention Storrey as a historian again, I think quoting his name is sufficient.

This is how I have been taught, so I am hoping it is the right way.

nwatts

HSC
Meads: I agree with you wholeheartedly. I make more of a priority to remember historians and their ideas rather than exactly what they say.

Also, the personality questions are so inanely easy it's almost offensive. If anyone gets less than full marks for the first question I'll personally kill them!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)