how many are planning to go into hsc with 10 units (1 Viewer)

mica

HSC
hey

just wondering if anybody thinks that going into the hsc course with ten units is stupid ? also if any people are going into the course with 10 units say y ?

thx mick

felafel

not stupid at all

theoretically, doing 10 units should give you ample time to concentrate on and excel in them, whilst also leaving time to excel in co-curricular pursuits as well

but of course, it all depends on how well you want to do in the hsc, and how much you like your units and how good you are at manging your time and . . .

rosey

about 10 units...

Hey,
well i'm in year 12 and doing ten units, and its working out great for me because i have so much more free time to focus on my other subjects, but most people prefer 12 units so as to have that security of knowing only 10 units count. In my opinion its better to have more study time and risk it with 10, rather than being safe with 12 and having a lot less time to study. But depends on the person though, some people can handle the work load of an extra 2units, and others can't, just depends on you. Don't listen to what other people say, just do what you think will suit you.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
well i'm doing 11 and it kind of shits me that i can only drop one course but then to be fair i already dropped a course at the end of yr 11.

i'm thinking of dropping to 10 because i am fucked up the arse for ext history and it sounds kinda scary but i think it's ok as long as you don't screw up.

Guernica

HSC
I was originally going to do 10 units for year 12 (I am doing 13 units right now in year 11), but I am starting to question that.
I just thought that there is really no point doing extra units if you think you're capable of doing well in all 10 units. You're going to have to do good in 10 units no matter what... so you can either go well in 10 units, or go well in 10 units plus have another couple of units on top.

I really don't know. I have a while to decide ;)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
well see how you feel at the end. i didn't drop one of my courses for the sake of having less units (altho that's obviously a plus!), i dropped it because i didn't enjoy it and knew i wasn't going to do well.

mica

HSC
k thanx every1 for ur help its helping me to decide what subjects i should do

thx mick

HSC
im doing 12 :( i was going to decide what to drop after my term 1 assesments whichever got really bad, but they all came back really good, even business studies which is my weakest ( i got 20th/130th!)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
spin spin sugar said:
dont worry erinly i did 10 units its all good.
haha well this term i've gone from doing 6 units (last term) to 9... if i drop ext history that'll be goodly and i'll finish tuesdays an hour earlier and get an extra sleepin. :)

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
10 units rocks!!!!!! i love all 5 of my subjects exceot chem... but hey i think i can scrape by. everyone makes such a big deal about the 'safety net' thing with 12 units. seriously, it surely cant be that easy to fail a subject?! surely not

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)