How many CDs do you buy? (1 Viewer)

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Often the cds i want are expensive because they are imported (>$50) or they just dont have them in the shops, so importing them myself would also be expensive :mad: this is euro electronica and trance, also its hard to find good classical recordings so this restricts my collection, but increases my wallet size :p

mannnnndy

chocoholic
I dont normally buy CDs now since I got a burner & cable internet, but I still support aussie bands by buying their CDs (not to mention the fact that aussie music is not very easy to find online)

who remembers the good ol days when CDs came with bonuses for your computer like movies & stuff? now CDs are being designed to not work anywhere

Last edited:

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by mannnnndy

who remembers the good ol days when CDs came with bonuses for your computer like movies & stuff? now CDs are being designed to not work anywhere
So true, i recently bought the new massive attack album only to find it had copy protection, which ment i couldn't dub it onto my md :mad: and i couldn't burn a backup either ffs

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Originally posted by enak

So true, i recently bought the new massive attack album only to find it had copy protection, which ment i couldn't dub it onto my md :mad: and i couldn't burn a backup either ffs
another good reason to get music from the internet:D

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I think the copy protection thing is completey unaceptable! I understand the reason it's being done (I'm not happy about it, cso I like burning stuff for free, but I understand why it's happening and I guess thats fair enough...) but it is a complete inconveneice if you just want to play it on a computer or something (and you shoudl be able to play it on whatever you damn well want since you paid good money for it!) and what if it just simply couldn't play in the CD player you owned? (which a few poeple have found happening to them.) And all so a multimillion dollar record company can get a few more people to pay up-it's totally stupid! :mad1:

(Ahhh, thats my gripe of the day...)

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
i jsut download. yeh the new ben harper one is protected.. anyone been to his concert? :D

ricometa

HSC
hmm i burn and download, but sometiemes u gotta supprot the artitst and producers
so i usualy go out and buy some stuff too
but sadly australia doenst shiip much international shit over ere

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)