how many coleridge poems are you revising (1 Viewer)

fatemjay

rof
HSC
my teacher said do 2, but apparently they can ask specifically for all of them

same with the stimulus texts

Jerruy

HSC
They cant ask for all of them... its impossible to do 2 in 40 plus 1 bos and 1 related....let alone 4

Last edited:
G

gaoOO

fatemjay said:
my teacher said do 2, but apparently they can ask specifically for all of them

same with the stimulus texts
lol, they're not going to ask for all the stimulus texts!

I'd say prepare 2 coleridge, 1 conversation and 1 supernatural. Additional texts, 2 as backup because i heard that there is a small possibility they could ask you for 2 there. They will NEVER ask for all the stimulus or all the Coleridge.

if you read the exam notes, they say that 2 poems is best.

why-not

HSC
throughout the year we've always been told to do 2. So my set out has always been 2 coleridge + 1 stimulus + 2 related, but the 2nd related is just incase it suits the question more than the other one.

I don't think they'll ever ask for anything specific, they only tell you to know all of them well incase some suit the question more than others, but I think 2 will be enough for that. :)

fatemjay

rof
HSC
what i mean is, they could ask specifically for one of the four poems in the question

some journeys quote - how do Coleridge's LTB and other texts portray this idea

similarly with stimulus texts.

^emmie^

HSC
fatemjay said:
what i mean is, they could ask specifically for one of the four poems in the question

some journeys quote - how do Coleridge's LTB and other texts portray this idea

similarly with stimulus texts.

can they really do this like ask for a specific one
have they ever done it before, whats the chance they will, like i dont think i know anything about the poems im not doing so ill be screwed, i doubt theyll do t thats mean:bomb:?????

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
I don't think i've come across any past papers that ask you to discuss a specific Coleridge poem. Have two prepared and i agree with gaoOO - 1 conversation & the other supernatural

Lime Tree & Rotam for me. :)

zaqwerty

HSC
They've done it before, but not for Coleridge.

I find it difficult to write about more than one poem in 40 mins, along with the stimulus booklet text and related text.

kokodamonkey

HSC
my essay is all 4 poems + stimulus + 1 related. takes 50min max to right out. which is fine coz my creative only takes me 18mins to write out :D

wishfulxthinker

HSC
we were told to do two coleridge poems unless you're doing rotam. then it's only one because of the length.

kokodamonkey

HSC
we were told 2 but my teacher said to make my response really look "a range" then to do all 4poems because it "Demonstrates your knowledge" and whatnot.

^emmie^

HSC
im doin LTB and ROTAM 1 stimulus and 1 related material and yer i just take time off creative n add it to the essay n i usually finish the short answer ones faster too

G

gaoOO

kokodamonkey said:
we were told 2 but my teacher said to make my response really look "a range" then to do all 4poems because it "Demonstrates your knowledge" and whatnot.
I would honestly not suggest doing four poems. If you read through examiner's comments, they've mentioned before that people who tried to cover all 4 poems usually ended up glossing over things and the essays lacked focus.

lilster

nearly there
HSC
2 coleridge + 1 stimulus + 2 self selected
thats what i've always been told. if they ask for a specific one im fkd!! doing frost at midnight and limetree. they r the only ones that i can actually write about. i understand the others bt if u askd me to write an essay on them then im screwed to the core!!

watiwat

HSC
they can't ask for a specific poem because not everyone does coleridge..

and i'd say keep 2 in mind, depending on what fits the question, and then apply whichever one fits most.

analysing one poem makes you able to delve deeper into the analysis, but 2's a good number so that you can go pretty deep, while being able to adapt to the question..

btw, all the journey essay q's have asked for your core text, ONE stimulus text, and ONE self-selected text.

Stib

HSC
I've only really revised This Lime-tree Bower My Prison, if it's anything else I am majorly f**ked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)