• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How many English quotes have YOU got to memorise? (1 Viewer)

Web Addict

HSC
I need to memorise five essays and two creative writing pieces. I've only finished memorising one. 6 left to go!

ocatal

HSC
I've got about 6-7 quotes per paragraph in my essay. So that would equate to about 85 quotes.

Web Addict

HSC
I've got about 6-7 quotes per paragraph in my essay. So that would equate to about 85 quotes.
Just wondering, do you need that many quotes per paragraph? The maximum number of quotes per paragraph that I have is four.

ocatal

HSC
Just wondering, do you need that many quotes per paragraph? The maximum number of quotes per paragraph that I have is four.
I don't think its necessary. Most of my quotes are quite short anyway (3-4 words), so I embed them into the essay. I think 4-5 should probably be enough.

Candidate

HSC
tbh, quotes are the WORST thing about the entire HSC. I need quotes from various texts for Advanced and Extension, quotes from legislation/reports/media for Legal, historiography for Modern and frickin religious quotes for SORII. Thank God I have Biology to keep me sane.

Right now, I despise everyone who has good memories.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
tbh, quotes are the WORST thing about the entire HSC. I need quotes from various texts for Advanced and Extension, quotes from legislation/reports/media for Legal, historiography for Modern and frickin religious quotes for SORII. Thank God I have Biology to keep me sane.

Right now, I despise everyone who has good memories.
That's why you do the sciences ;)

Makematics

HSC
lolz in trials i didnt memorise any quotes for one of my essays. yeah, not a good idea...

HSC
i don't find quotes hard to memorize since I'm familiar with the texts, it's more the analysis of these quotes which takes up the bulk of my time.

Edit: i also have a problem with spelling onomatopoeic, stoicism and bureaucracy! so i waste time memorizing the way these words should be spelt.

Last edited:

ocatal

HSC
i don't find quotes hard to memorize since I'm familiar with the texts, it's more the analysis of these quotes which takes up the bulk of my time.

Edit: i also have a problem with spelling onomatopoeic, stoicism and bureaucracy! so i waste time memorizing the way these words should be spelt.
It's been how many years and I still struggle spelling onomatopoeia.

NWO

HSC
fk. quotes are easy. Should i memorise 2 creative or just 1???? last time i switched in the last minute and wrote a crappy essay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)