• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How many episodes to use of Frontline? (1 Viewer)

aimsley

HSC
I have a quick question about the number of episodes we should use in exam questions on "Frontline"..
The other week when we had a lecturer for "Frontline" at school, he told us that two well done episodes was more than enough. However, when we asked other teachers they didn't think that this would be enough. I just wanted to know what others have been told to do in their exams?

_blank

HSC
Uni Grad
People generally use 2 or 3 episodes. But my teacher said it was best to use 2 episodes and 2 related materials - so that's what I'm doing.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
As many as you think is relevant. If you can use all 6, and have enough time to write about each in reasonable detail, then do it. But seeing as that's pretty much impossible, 2 or 3 is best. :)

Anne A

HSC
Reply to that...

Hey...i think that's the question we're all faced with...although my English teacher is an HSC marker and suggests that the better student is the one who does two or three (three is really confident) episodes with two of of your own texts and thouroughly deconstructs them by linking them all. It doesn't really matter as long you answer the question I think!

hope that helps....

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
2 or 3 is a good number, but you must make sure you do know ALL of the episodes...they can still ask you in the exam to talk about them all, it isn't unheard of.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I think 2 episodes in detail is good and having your related texts linking to these episodes

aimsley

HSC
oh ok cool, thanks everyone:)..i did three in my trial. I had completed two and worked in related material (the paper only asked for 1!), and was lucky enough to have time left so i could fit in three good episodes.

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
yeha i had my trial today and i used 2 ep's because that's all we have done and no related because we have not got up to that either..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)