how many get..... (1 Viewer)

schooly

Hi, anyone know how many people on average get OVER 85 out of 120 as a RAW mark in the 4u hsc ?
just out of curiosity
Thankyou

walla

Satisfied Customer
HSC
101 won't get you top 15 in the state in 4u, so most likely not in 3u either....

Ifrit

aint aiming for top 15 4u..... thats just for wierd peoples :rolleyes: top 15 3u? very possible:cool:

N

ND

I've only done two papers properly, but i'd seen a few of teh questions before, so i don't have an accurate indication of how i'll go in teh exam.

N

ND

Originally posted by Excalibur
WHAt did you get in them ND??????
Umm for the '94 i got about 111 (i say about cos the paper i did didn't give marks for the individual parts, so i had to estimate the parts i couldn't do). For the '02 i got about 110, heh i'd seen that q7 complex number problem before, and still didn't get all of it... But like i've said, i've seen some of teh questions before so it's not a fair indication. Also there is no pressure doing it then, but in the exam i have 100% of my mark relying on the result.

schooly

hey ND did u get the circle geometry question in the 2002 4unit hsc paper out? i cant rememebr what que it was but it had three parts, last part was proving a line being colinear? u did the paper so you should know which i am talking about (i think that was the only circle geo question there anyway) ?
anyway if u did could u post up or send me ur solution to it? thanks

is a roflcopter
HSC
i think i have never gotten over 85 in any past paper :p

walla

Satisfied Customer
HSC
will this do schooly:

i) DRA = 90, DSA = 90 so DRAS is a cyclic quad.
Then DSR and DAR are angles standing on the same chord.
DSR = DAR

ii) DSC = DTC = 90, and since DSC and DTC stand on DC, DSTC is a cyclic quad.
That is, DST + DCT = 180
DST = 180 = DCT

iii) RST = DSR + DST
= 180 - DCT + DAR
DCT = DAR (external angle in a cyclic quad)
Then RST = 180
So R, S and T are collinear.

fitz33

HSC
okay my post stuffed up, and someone seems to have answered it a few seconds before me so ignore this post

Last edited:

schooly

hey thanks a lot walla and fitz, how could i be so stupid, haha the one i had problem with was ii) , i knew that DSTC was cyclic but didnt realise that due to it being cyclic that it means that DST + DCT = 180 ( i knew that fact but didnt see that here in proving it :D) lol. thanks a lot
the first way i did it was that i thought RST was collinear then i realise the next part is proving its collinear lol.
thanks again, gonna go slap myself now :p

N

ND

Heh, the last part of that was one of the parts i missed. Circle geom is one of my weaker topics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)