How many history classes in your school? (1 Viewer)

SPX

Just thought Id get this forum back posting. So how many history classes in your school. We have one ancient, one modern and extention. You...

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
2 ancient, 1 modern and 1 extensions... one of the most peopluar subjects in our skool i must say

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
We had 1 modern, and 1 ancient-but there were probably enough interested studnets to have made a second ancient class, but there weren't enough teachers to do that. Modern wasn't as popular-a few people short of a full class, and a few of those who only chose it cos the ancient class was full. (myself included.:( )
There was 1 extension class, which had about 9 people in it...by the time the HSC rolled around there were only 3 in it though.

spratt_jg

whoa!
is that people or classes...what school is this and howcome history is so popular...

we have 1.5 modern, 1 (not full)ancient, and 1 extension

SPX

Ah, Whitey...there is no such thing as modern extension or ancient extension. At least as far as I know, its just extension history. Unless your school has got a great number of history students that they decided to segment them into their history of interest classes.

sif not 99

at whiteley's school like mine they probably have modern extension classes doing an extension topic that is related to their two unit work so the two unit will strengthen the three and the three will strengthen the two unit work....

at my school they had 2 modern 2 ancient a modern and an ancient extension class

dont be so pedantic SPX we get what whiteley means

spratt_jg

I think it's better if they're combined though, at least for the historiography section...Ancients bring different skills/knowledge to the class thats valuable for Moderns (and vice versa)...especially since we study both ancient and mod historians.

My school has a combined class anyway.

1 more

fructis
HSC
1 modern, 1 ancient, 1 extension.

ughh i would've loathed having any more classes for modern or extension, we mightve been even more competitive than we already were... if thats at all possible.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by Whitey

It's classified as History Extension but you either do a Modern History course or an Ancient History course.
Perhaps thats the way they do it at your school but thats not a board of studies thing. You don't have to choose which'extension' you do, we have a mixed class and we're doing a case study that is neither ancient nor modern, its in between.

SPX

I get what your saying now Whitey...geez, you guys are lucky your subject is so popular that you can concentrate on a topic you can relate to better. Are the people in your Extention classes all smart or some who are really wasting time...qn to all.

1 more

fructis
HSC
Originally posted by SPX
Are the people in your Extention classes all smart or some who are really wasting time...qn to all.
Our modern history class was actually much brighter than our extension class.

bookboy18

Knight of the PIGhood
1 modern (small class), 1 ancient (large class), 1 extension (medium class)

Why do more people do ancient then modern.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
our school didnt have enough people to make a modern class :(

we have 1 ancient history class, and 2 people doing extension (1 of them=me)

SPX

Modern is the harder subject and people steer away from it even though it has better scaling. Modern has more info to learn than ancient and there are many more opinions and it's in more detail because of the information revolution that more info is recorded. For example Historians of ancient are Herodotus, Thuysidides and Dasitus, while Modern has AJP Taylor, Churchill, Mc Donough, Bloch and much more in addition to people who took part in it have primary data.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)