how many hours are YOU studying? (1 Viewer)

How many hours of study do you do on average in a day?

• none.

Votes: 35 29.9%

Votes: 22 18.8%

Votes: 22 18.8%

Votes: 17 14.5%

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • 5+

Votes: 12 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Celebrant

HSC
I do about one and a half hours each night. It seems like I do less every week though; I started the year doing about 3 per night :rolleyes:

NightShadow

HSC
what what does it mean to study? does it include homework or is it like waht..studying for a topic like..cramming lol?

stainmepink

HSC
NightShadow said:
what what does it mean to study? does it include homework or is it like waht..studying for a topic like..cramming lol?

studying to me involves sitting down at a desk with a book/work sheet/palm cards/computer tutorial infront of you; so thats homework, reading, even cramming etc.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
the only time i ever do maths is in front of a series of seinfeld, nanny and amazing race.

so thats . . 2 hours of intense maths a week =) and extra up to assessment times!

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
None. I do the homework and that counts as my revision. My marks haven't suffered as a result so I don't see why I should stress myself out now when I could save that energy for year 12 when it really counts.

Jimmy Pax

HSC
Well currently, I do no study at all.

To study 3 hours or more is ludicrus. And i'm also not doing as much homework as in the start of the year.

jackkelly

HSC
YBK said:
Depends, I usually try aiming for 4 hours.
OH MY LORD

are u for real?

that is like a month of 'studying' (a.k.a searching google on related topics ;p)

i can honestly say i havent studied once this year.....

and i have only done homework during recess (with is like 10mins after i eat)

o_O whoa...

stainmepink

HSC
jackkelly said:
OH MY LORD

are u for real?

that is like a month of 'studying' (a.k.a searching google on related topics ;p)

i can honestly say i havent studied once this year.....

and i have only done homework during recess (with is like 10mins after i eat)

o_O whoa...

you must do either extrememly well, or quite badly at school then. i know geniuses who do just that and still top everything. god knows how they do it

HSC
interesting how "no study" dominates the poll. according to peter sheehan you shouldnt be going over 3 hours of "true" study - ie no mucking around etc

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
Dunno if I really count in this poll, but...
Y12SDD: 3-4 hours (incl stuff on my major)

Plus, I try to fit in somewhere between 1-3 hours of my other subjects, Latin, English, Maths, Chem...and do my HP costume, and look after 30 baby goldfish that just hatched, and write my album, "Songs of Adolescence", read 5 novels and...well I'll leave it at that. But I really do need to study heaps, because I went on music tour in term 1 therefore next to no homework was done then, and it snowballed to term 2...and yeah, **tries to melt ice crystals**

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
I was reading the Sun-Herald a few weeks ago and in the News Extra section they interviewed some girl I think from Newtown Performing Arts High School.

It said she studied 6 hrs per day for HSC and practises her instrument and at the same time preparing herself for the UMAT.

Is that possible or a load of shit to make that girl sound like she's really balancing her HSC life well?

Last edited:
HSC
i suppose its possible...but does that just mean she has no social life whatsoever? - like wake up, go to school, go back home, and study for 6 hours - dinner as a break - then practice instrument and use remaining time to study for umat?

if she gets back home at 4 pm, that would mean sleeping at 12 if she practices her instrument for and hour adn study umat for an hour....

P

pLuvia

-neurosurgeon- said:
i suppose its possible...but does that just mean she has no social life whatsoever? - like wake up, go to school, go back home, and study for 6 hours - dinner as a break - then practice instrument and use remaining time to study for umat?

if she gets back home at 4 pm, that would mean sleeping at 12 if she practices her instrument for and hour adn study umat for an hour....
dioes study include HW?? and revising?

HSC
hahaha yes i suppose so....how else can u really do 6 hours of hw? lol i dno

would be interesting to actualli see her timetable...

NightShadow

HSC
maybe practising for the UMAT consists of lounging around or playing sports and going out..you know...life skills and ..err...kinda..solving puzzle works...rite... but this was for her HSc so i guess...but 6 hours? i bet she procrastinated like every 25 minutes or something...hmm

HSC
NightShadow said:
maybe practising for the UMAT consists of lounging around or playing sports and going out..you know...life skills and ..err...kinda..solving puzzle works...rite... but this was for her HSc so i guess...but 6 hours? i bet she procrastinated like every 25 minutes or something...hmm
hahah hello david ma...guess who?

procrastinating eh? i'd say it'd be really tempting to do that...but i reckon if she made it into the newspapers or whatever it was, she prolly had a lot of self control not to...

hmm i think studying for umat would be more like spending time on practice q's than...playing sports and lounging around lol - but then i dno ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)