how many hours of sleep to function? (1 Viewer)

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
7-8 hours is appropriate for proper functioning. 6 or less results in the brain failing to clean the toxins that are produced through neural processes throughout the day, and can reduce retention and memory building. Although it feels good to get more hours in the day to study (I fall into this trap sometimes), you're productivity will decrease whether it appears so or not.

Sp3ctre

HSC
I mean I don't function even after 10 hours of sleep because I fall asleep in all my classes anyway but that's just me

fires

HSC
N/A
7-8 hours is appropriate for proper functioning. 6 or less results in the brain failing to clean the toxins that are produced through neural processes throughout the day, and can reduce retention and memory building. Although it feels good to get more hours in the day to study (I fall into this trap sometimes), you're productivity will decrease whether it appears so or not.
I agree

However I always end up not sleeping, for days of exams I usually sleep 10pm-2am and then study from 2am-7am, it's alright but not the best thing to do, normal days I sleep at a like 9ish-11ish and wake up at 4am.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)