How many hours study per week? (1 Viewer)

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Do you guys do every week outside of uni lectures/tutorials?

What are the best times to go to the library?

I am going to do commerce, what is the recommended study hours? Will 2 days of full time shifts be too hard to handle with full time study? i want friday or saturday to myself too

chrisnumber1

HSC
Do you guys do every week outside of uni lectures/tutorials?

What are the best times to go to the library?

I am going to do commerce, what is the recommended study hours? Will 2 days of full time shifts be too hard to handle with full time study? i want friday or saturday to myself too
depends on your major/what units you do. i think the work 2 days and 2 days to myself thing is a bit unrealistic but it just depends on you. the best time to go the the library is never. the study thing varies, depending what i have on, naturally.

Lou283

HSC
I work 2 full days a week and if you also do the recommended 6 hours of study outside uni per subject per week then no you wont get alot of free time to yourself EVER. I didn't do 6 hours per week per subject but I always found with atleast one assignment due or exam happening per week that meant extra work, I never had even a full day of not studying.

But you get 6 weeks between semesters and 10 weeks in summer off. Not having alot of free time for the 3 months each semester is not really that big a sacrifice to get decent marks.

Monstar

HSC
Depends on the person.

I skimped on the effort throughout the semester and still came out relatively unscathed.. i got hammerd on some subjects i should've nailed.

You need to be honest with yourself. If you are slow on picking shit up, simply just negate that with just doing more self study in your own time.

If you feel confident alot of the time, it doesn't hurt to go over concepts to solidify knowledge. Basically, the point i'm trying to arrive at is if you apply yourself consistently and correctly, the outcome will always swing towards your favour.

tldr; just go study consistently, you should be fine.

misericordia

Confused Member
HSC
Uni Grad
For me I spend approx 6 weeks or so studying psy units outside of uni and I spend rest of my time studying law units and it works.
For me the best time to go the the library is bright and early because its hard to find seats sometimes.
I don't do commerce but tbh I think it'd be hard to get marks like HDs and high Ds with 2 days shifts and 2 days off. But if you are good at what your doing and if you only want mid Ds and Crs then I think that schedule is ok, but thats just me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)