How many hrs of study? (1 Viewer)

funstudy

HSC
How many hrs of study for most people (on average) during university?

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
depends on the degree, depends on how good your lecturers and tutors are, depends on what marks you're aiming for. so many variables.

but on average, 3 hours per unit imo. (weekly) i aim for D averages.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Study? Just do the homework each week and then cram near exam time.

If you're pretty good, that'll get you around a low D average.

This year, I will be going to an Asian mode - well, trying to do so. Will report back.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
science subjects - for each hour in class, I spend another 2 hours outside class doing work (but that may be research/reading/assignmenting rather than 'study')

arts subjects - for each hour in class, another 3 or so doing work (mostly reading because I do english classes which require a novel per week + readings + other prep).

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
science subjects - for each hour in class, I spend another 2 hours outside class doing work (but that may be research/reading/assignmenting rather than 'study')

arts subjects - for each hour in class, another 3 or so doing work (mostly reading because I do english classes which require a novel per week + readings + other prep).
My version of this

Science subjects - for each hour in class I skip an hour in class, maybe more.

Engineering subjects - for each hour in class I skip 2 hours of class.

Good luck ^_^

traiwit

HSC
Uni Grad
i went to unsw smart start, they said we should do 10hrs/week for each subject including hrs in timetable

SanjoyM

HSC
For each hour of lecture/tutes, 4 hours of independent study.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
I do Bachelor of Business at UTS I do 12 hours of study on one subject each day. I managed to get HD in Business Law and Ethics.

funstudy

HSC
By each hour in class, do you mean lectures? I.e. One lecture= approx 3hrs study

HSC
What do we study, i mean all i do is do the tutorial work. Do we like read over our lecture notes or something

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Lecturers will often say that you are supposed to dedicate 8-10 hours a week to a subject with the non contact hours being made up through homework and that full time study is exactly that. I have only met one person who does anywhere near that much work and she is pretty much on a HD average (+ a huge scholarship). The amount of effort you need to put in for certain grades will vary a lot on the course and subjects you are doing and personal factors. It is no different to the HSC in that respect.

SD's method is a good start though. Keeping on top of all content + homework and then putting in extra effort for your finals and assesments should result in good grades. It's horrible come finals when you have done nothing for a relatively hard to pass subject - so much stress and cramming. Sad reality is that happens to most students.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)