How many majors for B Commerce/Economics? Is it worthwhile? (1 Viewer)

lau101

HSC
Hi
I have interests in economics, finance and international business. I also learn German on the weekends. Is this a good degree and is it worthwhile doing 3 majors? My interests are quite broad

HSC
Uni Grad
International business -> don't do. it's srsly a waste of your time. Economics and Finance is good enough imo.

International business is such an inflated major; it looks good on paper but in reality you're taking courses that have very little relevance to the real world. AND you don't even need international business to get into that sort of field.

Last edited:

lau101

HSC
International business -> don't do. it's srsly a waste of your time. Economics and Finance is good enough imo.

International business is such an inflated major; it looks good on paper but in reality you're taking courses that have very little relevance to the real world. AND you don't even need international business to get into that sort of field.
thanks!

do you think commerce international would be better for me then? or just straight commerce?

HSC
Uni Grad
thanks!

do you think commerce international would be better for me then? or just straight commerce?
Commerce international - you have one year of exchange but you also need to take compulsory courses that you may not want to do. imo, do straight commerce coz you have less compulsory courses for your degree. :)

How do I know this? through word of mouth and seeing course outlines.

lau101

HSC
Commerce international - you have one year of exchange but you also need to take compulsory courses that you may not want to do. imo, do straight commerce coz you have less compulsory courses for your degree. :)

How do I know this? through word of mouth and seeing course outlines.
I like international stuff :) but following your advice that international business major isn't worthwhile I thought maybe I should just do comm international, majoring in eco and finance and do german in uni instead of on weekends and get to go over there for a year :)
What do you think??

JayCakie

HSC
I would suggest, that perhaps contact the uni or school for the major's you are interested in. In this way, people in charge of the subject can be able to provide you with a more appropriate response to your queries and could clarify your concerns, if you have more.

Otherwise, you could always try to find the course outlines of the majors you're interested in perhaps try to see if the content is engaging enough or something you would be interested in. Trying to get the best informed choice would include getting as much research about the degree done before getting to ingrained into it. There is nothing worse than doing a degree that you're not going to enjoy. If you think you're going to enjoy International Business and are will to put up with external barriers in the work force and are able to supplement it with other majors that you may think will help you get a job I would highly advise you to do that.

I know what it's like being stuck doing something just for the sake of money and a job and hating it and now I am planning on transferring out into a more suitable program. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)