How many of you own motorbikes? (1 Viewer)

chriscasha

HSC
Just curious about how many people own them as the title says.

I own a Yamaha WR450F and what to motard it :) Then get an R1 or similar for cruising XD

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Any Vtwin will fall apart, just look at Harley.

If you get a decent mechanic the hyosung will go a long way.

Ive clocked nearly 24KKm in over just a year, nothing major has broken yet.

chriscasha

HSC
Any Vtwin will fall apart, just look at Harley.

If you get a decent mechanic the hyosung will go a long way.

Ive clocked nearly 24KKm in over just a year, nothing major has broken yet.
Well that's good, have you been doing it yourself? Have the valves moved closer to the clearance or not?

24 thou is a lot :)

How do you find riding on the road in terms of being on a bike and no cage to protect you, I know I'm a good rider but I don't trust every one else on the road but I love motorbikes too much to say "nope I'm not riding them on the road"

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Nice :) bullet proof machine :D

Although a KTM 450EXC or equivalent is a lot less tame :devil:

My bike power wheelies in 4th no clutch! Best amount of torque for the road :D
Eh, I'm going for bulletproof reliability. It'll be a daily commuter and weekend explorer/urban assault vehicle. Can't see myself as an overly enthusiastic rider either haha.

chriscasha

HSC
Eh, I'm going for bulletproof reliability. It'll be a daily commuter and weekend explorer/urban assault vehicle. Can't see myself as an overly enthusiastic rider either haha.
If you are not mechanically savy then the drz is alot better :)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Well that's good, have you been doing it yourself? Have the valves moved closer to the clearance or not?

24 thou is a lot :)

How do you find riding on the road in terms of being on a bike and no cage to protect you, I know I'm a good rider but I don't trust every one else on the road but I love motorbikes too much to say "nope I'm not riding them on the road"
Not sure, bike goes in for its major open heart surgery soon, but it still pulls strong throughout its rev range.

I do basic servicing myself, if i need something tinkered with (brake pins need sanding, forks need servicing) i drop in to see my mechy (if you are near campbelltown, hit up Campbelltown Motorcycles on blaxland road).
I treat everything on the road as if its out to get me, but i still enjoy myself. I have to, the bikes my daily commute and I help out other L/P platers.

This is one of the riding groups from when we went to Full Throttle Cafe.
Im the last fella (TEC)

More clearer pic of the ride group on that day.
Ranging from a CBR125R to a Hyabusa and a Goldwing.

Last edited:

chriscasha

HSC
Mad :) That yellow R6 stands out XD

The hyo is a bit of a looker, it is catching my eye but I already own a bike :(

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I bought one. Rode it for 2 months maybe, didn't like it much and sold it (actually making a small profit).

The moral of the story is: motorbikes look and sound attractive although once you get one you may not still think that.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
No moral of the story is:

Listen to SnowFox, he knows best.

Scooter bad.
150cc bad.
You are bad.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I admit that in hindsight it was a stupid decision. It was like a quarter life crisis thing or a danger thing maybe. Once I got one all the accident videos you see on YouTube that never used to worry me too much began getting to me and after a while I realised it was just more danger than I wanted.

chriscasha

HSC
I bought one. Rode it for 2 months maybe, didn't like it much and sold it (actually making a small profit).

The moral of the story is: motorbikes look and sound attractive although once you get one you may not still think that.
For any new comers that are not familiar with the roads don't get one, you will shit your self. Wait a couple of years, then get one :)

I have one and it still think that :) No cotton balling on life.

Pretty savvy, just lazy. I already work on my car enough lol.
Ohk, it's not to hard anyway.

No moral of the story is:

Listen to SnowFox, he knows best.

Scooter bad.
150cc bad.
You are bad.
I love to scoota.

I admit that in hindsight it was a stupid decision. It was like a quarter life crisis thing or a danger thing maybe. Once I got one all the accident videos you see on YouTube that never used to worry me too much began getting to me and after a while I realised it was just more danger than I wanted.
Defensive driving / riding will help, go take some advanced courses. Bikes are not dangerous, the blind monkey's in their cages are XD

Attachments

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
I want to get a motorbike but a few questions... I was thinking of between a vjf250 (which is the cheapest 250cc bike) or a lower cc bike (min 150)... the vjf250 is around $5k and an average 150cc bike is around $2k

- If i were to get a lower cc bike (lets say 125cc), would it go up hills quite well?? Since i drive around hills quite a bit. Or would it be better just to pay a little more for a 250cc bike??. I don't really do much freeway driving, but i will do some short road trips with it and its will be used quite a fair bit
- Would it be worth buying a second hand bike.... or would i be better off just buying a new bike (and get warranty along with that)...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)