How Many Pages Did You Write? (1 Viewer)

HSC
15 pages for creative
12 pages for essay

All up, about 27 which was about the average for my year.

LISOC

HSC
p342i said:
Sorry to be antagonistic, but what if you write 20 pages of quality as I did; and my writing is medium (7 words per lin). I agree, 48 pages is a little excessive and your most likely to just piss off the marker; but I dont think 10 pages in one hour section in an extension subject is going to cut it.

Exemplar is 22 pages of big writing (5 lines, use that as a guide.

[plus I dont believe that person wrote 48 pages]
who are you to say that 10 pages won't 'cut it'?

regardless of the exemplar of 22 pages, a good response will get the mark it deserves whether or not it fills two or twenty booklets. if somebody is able to eloquently argue their point in 10 pages where it might take another 20 to make that same point, i'm sure the marker would be more in favour of the clearer, more direct response. if, however, one is able to submit a 20 page response with twice the content of the aforementioned 10 page response then they would be rewarded for such a rich, well-developed response.

in both cases, quality always trumps quantity. if you have both (as you seem to believe), that's fantastic but i wouldn't be so quick as to make such brash statements.

haidee

HSC
i wrote real good ay.. 2 pages 4 my creative thingy and 4 4 da essay!
i herd that the bord really like short kinda stuff.. as long as its like kinda good, it was real awsome how u could write like a crime fiction creative story and a spec fic essay... after i aced this one i'm definately gunna get a UAI 95

Last edited:

darcho

HSC
N/A
fuck me i wrote 12 for each and thought that was heaps, i simply couldnt write any faster. plus i think most ppl on here r talking out their ass.

hannahxxx

HSC
LISOC said:
who are you to say that 10 pages won't 'cut it'?

regardless of the exemplar of 22 pages, a good response will get the mark it deserves whether or not it fills two or twenty booklets. if somebody is able to eloquently argue their point in 10 pages where it might take another 20 to make that same point, i'm sure the marker would be more in favour of the clearer, more direct response. if, however, one is able to submit a 20 page response with twice the content of the aforementioned 10 page response then they would be rewarded for such a rich, well-developed response.

in both cases, quality always trumps quantity. if you have both (as you seem to believe), that's fantastic but i wouldn't be so quick as to make such brash statements.

I agree. For my trial in advanced for module B I wrote 4.5 pages and the teacher gave it a 20/20 (she said my discussion was very sophisticated and succint and that if I can achieve that kind of a mark in such a short amount, why write more?). In my trial for crime fcition for extension I got 24.5/25 and I wrote 10 pages(medium sized handwriting). I can't understand why you'd write more than 20 pages for the essay....if you can secure full marks in 10 pages? What on earth would the handwriting of a 30 page essay look like?!? I understand that some people are ambitious and I haven't got a problem with that....but if your discussion was sophisticated and you wrote ten pages then you have nothing to worry about-you can still get full marks!

p342i

HSC
darcho said:
fuck me i wrote 12 for each and thought that was heaps, i simply couldnt write any faster. plus i think most ppl on here r talking out their ass.
I think people saying they wrote 30 and 40 page essays are lying. To do a 48 page essay you would have to be writing non stop with 3.75 seconds per line. That leaves no time to call for new booklets, no time to change pens, or look at the question post-reading time. You dont even have time to turn the page! So being relaistic. You are only going to be able to have 3 seconds at the most to write each line. I even think that is being pretty lenient. So if your writing is big [which it must be to write 48 pages] you should be writing 5 words per line; thats less than a second per word!

Unless someone has learned to defy the laws of mechanical energy, inertia and time; then I think there that someone is lying here. Maybe its just he cant type, and meant to write 4.8 pages.

Anyhow; I can assure you Darcho, I am not lying when I say I wrote 20 pages for the essay and 19 for the story. My total count at least is not only plausible, but far more accomodating to the poor markers who have to read through all these damn responses.

ashakamac

:ashaka:
HSC
I know someone who wrote 31 for critical and another 14 for creative... so 45 is possible. She wrote like a crazy person though.

I managed 27 for critical and 10 for creative. Had 10 minutes spare but i was well and truely finished writing everything i had to say about RFTG.

wytcpl

HSC
p342i said:
I think people saying they wrote 30 and 40 page essays are lying. To do a 48 page essay you would have to be writing non stop with 3.75 seconds per line. That leaves no time to call for new booklets, no time to change pens, or look at the question post-reading time. You dont even have time to turn the page! So being relaistic. You are only going to be able to have 3 seconds at the most to write each line.
Dunno, some people double space. Also a mate of mine writes abouts 3 words per line, so perhaps you could get through 48 pages.

Myself, 10.5 pages analytical and 8 creative.
I reckon for the essay, if you can't string together a good answer in under 20 pages, then another 30 isn't going to help.

Mozric

HSC
Quite franky, I'm amazed at the people who are going for 20+ pages a question.
I think that it'd be either huge handwriting or a lot of filler.
And the markers are going to think: 'there's no way this is a direct/genuine response to the question', at least that's what I hope, I try to avoid planned essays.

I wrote:
10 pages for the critical
9 for the creative

I'm quite happy with my productivity there. I guess I could see me writing like a madman, writing twice as much for each text, but I can't see how i'd get it over 20 pages in an hour, unless I somehow remove my brain and let my hands take over.

Kudos to those who wrote 20+ pages, I can at least admire your dedication.

I just hope that the markers like my sexy handwriting ^_^

Sigur Ros

HSC
I wrote 12 1/2 pages for the essay and around 6 for the story and thought i did alright, a bit worried now seeing the amount of pages other people did. I don't know whether my writing is big or small it averages around 7 words a line. Anyone else do retreat from the global? Should i be extremely worried with the amount that i wrote? I guess I'll see how I go when i get my results gah:confused:

Ghazi

Ghazi
HSC
11 Essay
8 Creative

But honestly, guys, anyone who gets a thrill out of saying they wrote more than anyone else seems to be missing the point. In my internal assessments I have never written more than 9 pages for a response (our assessment booklets have a few more lines than the HSC) but have consistently beaten people writing three and four times as much. WHen you get to the point of putting out 20+ pages, it really becomes a purging of everything you can possibly get down in the time you're given, which isn't neccessarily answering the question. The teachers in my school, at least, are far more likely to reward a 8 page essay which covers everything neccessary rather than a 30+ page essay which may have about 10 pages of relevance.

I'm not sure if it has something to do with the Crime fiction elective, but I don't think the top 5 ext 1 students in my year have ever had to write more than about 15 pages for the essay.

sensun679

HSC
Ghazi said:
11 Essay
8 Creative

But honestly, guys, anyone who gets a thrill out of saying they wrote more than anyone else seems to be missing the point. In my internal assessments I have never written more than 9 pages for a response (our assessment booklets have a few more lines than the HSC) but have consistently beaten people writing three and four times as much. WHen you get to the point of putting out 20+ pages, it really becomes a purging of everything you can possibly get down in the time you're given, which isn't neccessarily answering the question. The teachers in my school, at least, are far more likely to reward a 8 page essay which covers everything neccessary rather than a 30+ page essay which may have about 10 pages of relevance.

I'm not sure if it has something to do with the Crime fiction elective, but I don't think the top 5 ext 1 students in my year have ever had to write more than about 15 pages for the essay.
I will disagree. I did not write nearly as much as some people here, but people who pay out people saying "if you cant write a good essay in under 20 pages another 30 will not help" are rather jealous (I know I am.) Quality and answering the question is important, but if you can engage the task with DEPTH you are likely do very well. I would find it hard to beleive some of the ridiculous numbers posted, but I still think if you answered the question (which were fairly general, especially for postmodernism) then the more the better. Sure you will overload examples and analysis, but its not like you are going to lose marks, you may just gain a few.

nahian

HSC
48 pages AHAHHAHA what a fucking joke
thats 1-2 words per line
no-one can write that fast if it was normal writing size

shimmy&shine

HSC
i wrote a lovely amount of 16 pages each.
no complaints and no worries. I had nothing preprepared, I just went in with a good understanding, and all.

Overload of pages are completely unnecessary. Use your common sense.

nahian

HSC
"And the markers are going to think: 'there's no way this is a direct/genuine response to the question', at least that's what I hope"

Mozric mate, Do you seriously think markers think that students who write alot of pages arent direct?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)