• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How many pages do you predict you'll do? (2 Viewers)

HSC-King

Banned
HSC
So, how many?

I'm planning on doing a lot. Probably around 19 for each essay.

Sometimes I just wish the HSC was a little easier- you know, for other people who are not on the same level as me, it all seems a little too daunting for some people. I pity the lesser mortals.

You can 'sticky' this thread if you want.

santaslayer

HSC
Oh yeah, and I did about 30 or so pages in my HSC. That's because I wrote on every second line. I also wrote about three words per line. :p

davidatsyduni

HSC
i go with one of the other replies. it's quality, not quantity. granted, the quality essays do usually go for quite a length...i sat the 2003 legal paper and the essay questions were what i anticipated. So, i was rubbing my hands together (literally) because i had prepared a blueprint essay, memorised it, and needed simply to reproduce it. still, from memory i could only manufacture about 15 and 13 (this is legitimate- every line, small-mid size writing). if u think u can do 19 for each essay...good luck

= Jennifer =

HSC
DooNy_TeChY said:
whats the minimum required length of the essays in legal?
there is no minimum requirement for length of your essay just as long as you present a sophisticated, logical and well structured response which has evidance of media reports, legislation, cases, documents, treaties whichever is relevant to your response and remember avoid making generalisations ;)

carlz_07

HSC
I can only do like 2 or 3 pages per essay so I tell ya, ur all doin really well to write so much! but in my trials and stuff, I still got really high marks and top of my class over people who wrote like 6 pages each essay so I agree, it's quality, not quantity! I'd die if I had to write too much! I like concise essays that still have heaps in them! also, remember to be nice to the markers :) in other words, don't write a novel if you have small writing because they may think ur insane :p nah, do whatever you like!

overthaedge

HSC
lol i have large writing in exam situations, and i always tend to write like essays for the last two parts...

kelboo

HSC
I write 18 words per line on average, and normally i'd do about 10 pages in an exam where i knew what i was talking about!!!

So how many in you MASSIVE people's terms? Dont know!! you do the maths.

carlz_07

HSC
man, you're all psycho!!! I write about 13 words a line and usually do about 1 and a half pages to 2 and a half pages for each essay!!! Go concise I say!

how's the study going btw? I am still at school coz I'm doin the hsc weird, but from late tonight it's full on last minute study! but I'm pretty confident.. later tonight I can send syllabus summary sheets to people if they like! just email me and let me know if u want them.. I have them on law and justice, human rights, crime, global environment and world order.

Cheers,

Carlz
carli.duncan@gmail.com

carlz_07

HSC
lol!

true. well I plan on studying all day tomorrow, late tonight, a bit on sunday and then full on on monday and tuesday!

Tim_Shady

HSC
N/A
y does everyone "plan" to write so much? does it really matter? other than making a good impression with markers, making it look like u know alot, im not sure whether it makes a great difference. you look at the standards packages, previous exams etc. of people who get band 6, and they sure as hell aren't writing 15 pages + for each essay.

as long as you cover all the syllabus headings, use cases/media/legislation and can present it in a logical arguement, i dont think it matters how long it is

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i could have sworn i'd posted in this thread b4...but it has mysteriously dissapeared, anywhoo.

i'd say to get in what i want to get in, one writing booklet, unless it's a fantabulous question, then more, just so show off :p

digmahstigma

HSC
yeah, see i'd normally expect to do around 8-10 pages for each of the essays but our teachers expecting us to write 2-3 booklets for each, which is crazy. :S

and id prolly do around the same for crime.

Last edited:

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
8 pages minimum... with my writing, if i don't get that much then i simply don't have enough knowledge, and so won't get the marks. I'm aiming for about 12 pages though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)