How many pages for ur extended responses???? (1 Viewer)

aLaNa

Originally posted by BumWax
I'm a very slow writer

I had 90 minutes left for the extended responses (-toilet dash) and only managed 6 pages for the first one, and 4 and a half for the second (Q29), is there anyone out there with my writing problem?

I'd running write if it was legible, but unfortunately my print barely is!
yep, i have the same prob ALLLLL the way, so dont worry!! every single exam i ran outta time!!! :(

DoM

i did like 12 in the report and 14 in the essay, q29 (i think... the last q anyway!).. but in q29 i made NO mention whatsoever about ER!!! i had like over an hour on each extended response, but due to the fact i only talked about 2 of the 3 topics for the last question, does that mean i'm restricted to only 2/3 of the marks??? help! :(

linny

geez you guys didn't write much as all...I wrote 2 booklets for both essay questions easily...that's 16 pages each...I felt pretty sick at the end of the exam so I stopped 10mins early otherwise I would've written more...most people in our class wrote over 1 booklet each for both questions...I'm so happy you all wrote so little...*cheesy grin*.

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
well what a stuck up little bitch you sound... remember quality not quantity guys

EViL

Originally posted by tammer
remember quality not quantity guys
So true. Writing 16 pages does not instantly guarrantee that you will receive top marks, you could have done poorly in Section II or I (which I would doubt, because they were not too difficult). I wrote 12 pages for Section III of the first english paper and I'm not so sure on how I will go. Theres more to the exam than just the essays, and the material you include in the essays has to be related.

Another factor, which could have contributed to you writing more quantity-wise could be the size of your writing, whether or not you used double-spacing and the overall structure of your essay.

My perception on essay writing is that the more pages you fill can be a positive thing, but it can also be a negative thing (i.e. its taken you too long to get the point and address the question).

I wrote 9 and 11 pages respectively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)