How many people do Vet It in the State ? (1 Viewer)

Kyleseto

How many people do Vet It in the State ?
It seems to be everyone says it is easy so why is it that a tone of people don't do it i mean biology is harder and it ranks worse then this piss easy class..........

CrashOveride

HSC
what do u mean ranks worse?
a ton of ppl dont do it coz seriously, its a vet course, it scales shit. the end.

Kyleseto

it will only scale like shit if your not in the top 15% and if you can't do that then your pretty stupid

CrashOveride

HSC
even if ur in there, relative to virtually all other courses, IT will scale shit.
play around with SAM to see :)

Kyleseto

yeah i supposes

so how many people in the state do it ?

i know i was reading some figure from the last years HSC markers guide that said something like 4368 and that was a 30% increase so if it has the same rise which it highly unlikely it would mean that we have to compete against something like 5678 and 2/5 which seem rather small
and considering that 70% of people are saying they couldn't be bothered studying and the only people that are are the one that need to because they have no idea it seem getting a decent mark will be easy .

CrashOveride

HSC
well id estimate about 4000 do it. but not all of them take the HSC exam, which is optional mind you

stoydgen

Shiftius Curry
HSC
at higher levels....IT scales BETTER than IPT.

Get that into your head pplz.

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
NSW Board of Studies said:
2 unit Information Technology Examination
2003 Candidature - 4593

2002 Candidature - 3996

2001 Candidature - 2771

CrashOveride said:
stoydgen is correct on that point
May I ask how?

HSC
people do the exam because they know
a) its a fucking joke
b) easy marks
c) something too fall back on
d) VET IT is available too more schools since 2001
e) novelty purposes

a_person86

HSC
Ive just completed this subject. I did absolutely nothing for the two years, came first in the class and got 91% for the HSC exam. I also do IPT which achieved the same mark. If you do IPT, there are couple of topics that overlap and really if you have a good computer knowledge, some common sense and can dress your essays up with alot of bullshit, you will blitz it. I recommend it to anyone considering a backup subject. The last thing you want is a subject that takes alot of effort and may not count. IT VET is a fairly simple subject, and yes if you achieve a band 6, it will help you out alot! Keep in mind, you need to be relatively smart, if your just like every tom dick and harry, you will achieve average and get screwed over - but ay at least you get a decent certificate to add to your resume :)

HSC
the higher the band and the less people that got it, higher you get scaled isnt it?

CrashOveride

HSC
Good work a_person.

I managed to only get an 88 in IT. 2 marks away from being an all-rounder. Which kinda sux, coz this years IT exam didnt have much about computers...more about customer interaction and other bs. Bascially, it seems we do have some people here who scored low 90's for this sub but it still scaled shit to their UAI. My UAI now is 99.15 but if i had done say chemistry instead of IT, and got 88 for chem, my UAI wud have at least been 99.6

bottom line is if u wana get an awsome uai, do NOT do IT.

asscookie

dork.
HSC
SAM scaled IT pretty good for me. Scaling shouldn't be a problem as long as you get >85%, which is easy to do. There is nothing hard about IT. No homework or at-home assessment tasks to do, and the class work is all practical. It's good for a rest between classes.

CrashOveride

HSC
asscookie what did you get?

even if u got 90's it would still scale amazingly $hit.
It's a VET course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)