• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How many people sit the UMAT each year? (1 Viewer)

mayank.2802

All round nice guy
HSC
With the UMAT only 3 weeks away i asked some older friends of mine how many people were present at their testing locations.
All of them replied that there was a confronting crowd waiting outside the examination hall consisting of HUNDREDS of health science hopefuls.

This may be a good thing or a bad thing.
With a lot of people, there are more kids who dont really care and do it for the sake of it: so your percentile improves (that is if ur one of the ppl who do care).
But there is also more competition and more legitimate candidates for medicine, dentistry, pharmacy and so on.

The top 10% (approx) get called up for interview at Universities.

Does any one have any numbers on how many people sat the UMAT last year???

~10% of that number would get interview callups and since there are about 150 seats for medicine (at monash anyway) the likelihood of getting through the interview can be guesstimated.
(e.g. 300 interviewees, 150 places so 50% are accepted)

doink

Clone
HSC
My test location last year had about 800 seats, considering the UMAT is a national exam i would say 10,000 people easily.

mayank.2802

All round nice guy
HSC
thanks doink 10,000 huh so ...maybe 1000 ppl get interviews (if thats how it works). Do the interviews take place after Yr.12 results come out or before?? If after, do they take your ENTER/UAI into account when interviewing?

doink

Clone
HSC
Most do first round interviews before results come out based on your predicted UAI, if your actual UAI isn't good enough though they don't let you in.

chickenjuju

HSC
This year at the Melbourne location there were 2 sittings with 3500 people in each. So I think it would easily be more than 10000 altogether.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)