How many periods a day? (1 Viewer)

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
We have 6 at my school. but i only do 10 units so i get at least one free a day! :)

my brother has 4 a day at his school. it goes class, break, class, break, class, break, class, home.
imagine having 75 minutes of maths ... or english? yuk!!! they changed it from 8 periods a day. which i think is so dumb. why not do 6? i dont know

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
yeah we have 4 periods each day too. it's alright once you get used to it, time passes by pretty quickly.

i only have 2 periods on wednesday. get to school at 10 and finish at 12:30. sweet!

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
We have 5 72 minute periods a day but I never have 5 in one day and only once a week have 4.

I actually like longer periods I feel like u learn more.

fakingtheday

HSC
8 a day. 3 break - 2 break - 3 break. Works fine for me. Have at least one double a day and when i get back and drop IPT will have at least 1 free per day. Sweet

monique66

I used to go to a school with 6 a day then when i moved schools i had 4 a day...which is so much better cause you get a break between each period and you actually have enough time to learn whats going on...it also means less subjects a day and less homework to hand in...ahhh.....

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
hmm i can see the advantages of 4 a day. yeah on wednesdays we have sport and i have two periods, finish at 12. :D

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i have 6 a day :( but i get at least 1 free a day so im not complaining

monique66

mmm the problem with having 4 is that sometimes i get an extra early morning period but everytime that happens i have a free so its all cool

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
Having 4 periods a day is awesome as. The day goes by so damn quick. You think oh yeh 75 minutes that sucks, but it goes by like any other period. And you get a break after every class. Top shelf. Its solid!

A l

HSC
N/A
I have 4 x 80 minute periods on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, while on Mondays and Tuesdays I have 3 x 80 minute periods and 1 x 40 minute period. In my school we have 1st period, then 20 minutes of recess, 2nd period followed by 3rd period and then 40 minutes of lunch which is then followed by 4th period. For me periods come and go unless I get absolutely bored to death. As far as I know, one 80 minute period is the longest time for a period I've ever heard of. :(
Anyone have any longer times for one period than 80 minutes??

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
4 periods a day. i'm waiting for the new timetable to see when my free periods will be. hopefully, they're either before or after classes, rather than between. i want to sleep in, dammit !

firehose

HSC
shellybelly087 said:
We have 6 at my school. but i only do 10 units so i get at least one free a day! :)

my brother has 4 a day at his school. it goes class, break, class, break, class, break, class, home.
imagine having 75 minutes of maths ... or english? yuk!!! they changed it from 8 periods a day. which i think is so dumb. why not do 6? i dont know

Oh my school has exactly the same arrangement as ur brother..... yup 75 mins of maths or eng is a normality for me, sounds ridiculous i know but i guess im used to it now entering my 6th year...
Yes my school used to have 8 periods a day too!!! ( a long time ago)

firehose

HSC
hehe yeah i'll have 3 free periods a fortnight...... but that'll be offset by morning maths periods :eek:

A l

HSC
N/A
Also, note that for my school, one unit counts as three periods per fortnight. So thats 4 hours for one unit per fortnight or on average 2 hours for one unit per week!

HSC
6 periods, 50mins, frees.

Meh, not complaining :cool:

I got back from america last week and went to a highschool in arizona where they have the REAL toro state champ cheerleaders and football team (apparently where bring it on got the idea, so cool.... :cool: ) Anyways, sidetracking...this high school had 6 periods, but call them 'hours' for an obvious reason and only have one 1hr break...ouch...but then they do have pizza served everyday at the cafeteria...i could learn to deal.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
at my school, we have 4 80min periods a day.
its very different compared to my other school where i had 8 40min periods a day.
but because im only doing 3subjects, on the majority of days, i only have 1 or 2 lessons.

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
welll just 2 freak you all out..and 2 stop u complaining about how many periods u have....we had 14 (yes thats right...14) 1/2 hr periods a day.... (although admittedly 2-4 of those were dedicated to performing arts)....but still...that was at the end of the day...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)