How many related did you do? (1 Viewer)

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
Personally i did one of my own, mainly because i could do it in depth and my other related wasn't as strong. Also the time factor was getting to be a problem because i kept answering the question. What about everyone else?

i did 2 related texts, mainly because i was used to writing my essay that way and also because i needed the 2nd one for my line of argument. I nearly ran out of time too but i just managed ;)

adambra

HSC
1 related. It was enough for me, did 8.5 pages. Yeh, I always link back to question which does add up in terms of time.

al_x

short*
HSC
lol! i started my 2nd text on saturday! then one of my friends told me that they only ever make u do 1 RM in the exam anyway, and I was like 'but what if they make us do two?' but I never ended up finishing preparing my second text anyway so i'm so stoked they only made use one. I wouldn't have had time anyway I was struggling to get my second skrzynecki poem in

*Buttercup*

HSC
I only used one, because of time. I found it kinda difficult to keep relating my essay back to the question so thats why it took me so long. But i got to use the related that i like best, yay! :)

taxman

make poverty
HSC
I used two related text...commented on three of Skryznecki's poems. I actually managed the time pretty well. I finished Section one really early so I used the rest of that time for Section III and wrote the most I've ever written in an exam...filled up the entire booklet which is what, 8 or 9 pages?

I can't even begin to fathom how people can write more than one booklet...that just spins me out.

boite nature

HSC
taxman said:
I can't even begin to fathom how people can write more than one booklet...that just spins me out.
the faster I write, the bigger my writing gets. I end up doing about 5 or 6 words to a line when i normally have 10-12. plus i only wrote 6 pages for question 2 and did 11 pages for question 4. ah well.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
I'm used to writing with two additional (that's just what our school teachers), so I used both =)

StPetersChick

I did two related texts because i'm used to doing my essay that way, although my second one wasn't as in depth as the first. I suprised myself with how much i wrote-12 pages! But i did have almost an hour for my essay because i did the other two sections pretty fast! What RM did people use?

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
i onli did one related material, im used to just doing one, i did Grapes of Wrath, i do physical btw, did physical, no more journeys, wooo

Moonlite

HSC
I used 2 related materials, 2 Skrzynecki poems, and 1 text from the Stimulus Booklet. I just managed to finish on time... when the teacher was like "put your pens down" I managed to scribble in the last line. Phew!

HSC
yeh I used two- but only because i was used to it, and it helped with my line of argument. I had to drop so many points though because the question had so many sections- yourself, individuals, the world, blah blah, blah blah. i wrote seven pages though!! most i've ever written!!

clarity

HSC
I did one, even though I prepared two and even addressed the second in my introduction. I had to cross it out, as I realised (when I finished 1 booklet and hadnt finished my RM) that I had no time. Plus, it was good enough material to be done on its own. I remember my English co-ordinator telling me once that, if they ever say at least ONE, do that and do it in depth, as you can probably get the higher band rather than stretching yourself thinly with two. Quality over quantity again, I suppose.

spunkay

sup sup

I did 6 texts all up. 3 Skrzynecki 3 Related:
In order:
Road Not Taken-Robert Frost
Drive in the country-Skrzynecki
Beneath Clouds-Ivan Sen
Leaving Home-Skrzynecki
Journal 1841-Louisa Clifton
Crossin the red sea-Skrzynecki

It took heaps long though coz i not only linked the texts to the question but also to each other...

mellowdee

on fire...
HSC
haha omgosh that's like.. exactly wut happened to me: crossing out the 2nd supp in my intro.. yeh..i had as much on it as my AOS booklet text

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)