How MANY related texts do we need overall? (1 Viewer)

BlackDragon

HSC
G'day, i was wondering how many related texts we need overall for this subject, and what modules or topics do they have to be related to. please be specific because i (and everyone else) will need to sort heaps of these out these hols.

thanks for your help

P

pLuvia

My teacher said for the whole year for the AoS we will need to study half a dozen, but we only really need one related text for Paper 1, not sure about the ones, but I'm pretty sure almost certain you just need one for the Module C

Riviet

HSC
N/A
For all the modules, you will need to know a minimum of 1 related text, 2 if you really want to impress the marker and score high marks. However, if you do 1 related text well, you can still score a band 6.

frootloop

HSC
Hmm... related texts (RT).

Journeys: 1 minimum (obviously :rolleyes: )... don't expect to need to use more than 2 though in the actual HSC (they have asked for two once before and it couldn't hurt memorising like 4 more quotes). I think it's too much for them to expect you to write about three! But if you're flexible like that and like having options (and write your essays 'on the spot' sort of thing), sure have 3 or 4- a few as back-up.

For modules... I think it might vary?

But for me I only needed to have 2 RT for module C. My module A and B were about prescribed texts only.

If unsure, ask your teacher.

:cool:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
YAY time to test the old memory memorizing a couple of texts, well if I start now I should be right...

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
generally, a rule of thumbs, a good essay would have two VARIED texts for support. if ur set text was a play, then, a film or novel can supplement it very very well.

remember that u dont need to extract everything from supplementary texts. u only need to mention and quote the more important parts, or concentrate on a certain aspect in ur module (e.g. for powerplay, one text might explain the power of the people in great detail, while another is entirely based upon using structure to demonstrate the machinations of powerplay).

also, be brave! go wild! find something that u might enjoy, (many like to use lord of the rings, or the godfather) that has some connection with what ur talking about, and it also makes ur efforts worthwhile and somewhat enjoyable.

jessiej87

HSC
ok i have done the hsc - and this is what you need in terms of material

Area Of Study = core text, one text from the stimulus booklet + 2 related material (but they only usually ask 4 1)

critical study - no related - you however do need critical articles on the texts

comparative study - dont need any - just compare the two texts by values etc

the other one is either powerplay or telling the truth? i think.. but i did powerplay and u need at least 2 sups for that

also it is a good idea to write practice creative stories - one in the form of a narrative and one in the form of a feature article

and if u want to be super prepared get past papers and practice section 1 of the unseen texts and if u run out find some pics, poems etc and pull them apart with techniques and whatever your theme thing is (last year was journey but i think it changes every 2 years right?)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I think it's 3 years before they change the theme. We'll be the last year doing journeys.

karoooh

HSC
For my AOS Essay next term, they want us to refer to our prescribed text (two poems); one from the stimulus booklet; and two related texts - They want to prepare us, thus the five texts - Boy, am I excited! ;)

Riviet said:
I think it's 3 years before they change the theme. We'll be the last year doing journeys.
Bugger! I hate journeys!

I

icycloud

Riviet said:
I wonder what the next AOS is... Just curious!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)