How many related texts for DISTINCTIVELY VISUAL HENRY LAWSON? (1 Viewer)

THE_WIV

HSC
Is it at least 2 related texts for DISTINCTIVELY VISUAL HENRY LAWSON?

For distinctively visual I have Henry Lawson poems for which they always ask for 2 of the poems + 1 related text. I have 1 related text that I'm very down pat with(Johnny Got His Gun - Dalton Trumbo - Novel) and have others in mind but they aren't quite as strong. But also I'm thinking that it's a bit harsh to have to be forced to write about 4 texts in 40 mins.

What has anyone heard from their teachers? Because my teacher is giving me nothing and doesn't care. My tutor agrees with me.

Last edited:

zeebobDD

HSC
Yea bro it is 2 related texts for distinctively visual, but if it says atleast 1 related you should just do your strong one, unless you got time for a 2nd

they have asked specifically 2 related for Mod C b4 which is fuckn GAAAAAAAAAAY

THE_WIV

HSC
Mod C I'm good with, have Educating Rita with 'In The Ghetto' by Elvis Presley and the TV show Breaking Bad as related.

I bloody hope it's just one because the novel I've got has something to write a big paragraph about in every character, but I've found something else which could work quite well.

osak23

HSC
N/A
if they ask for 2 related text for lawson

will u still have to write about 2 short stories or just 1???

THE_WIV

HSC
They've always asked for 2 Lawson stories so I'm going off of that.

They did 1 for belonging so it's probably the same for modules. I think teachers just tell us 2 in case one doesn't fit the question, but the related texts I choose are very flexible and cover many aspects of the topic. I used the documentary 'Metallica: Some Kind of Monster' for belonging with 'The Simple Gift' and that fitted with time pretty well, and also I prepared for it by focusing on 'belonging is a choice' so that was adapted pretty well. For into the world I'm using the TV show 'Breaking Bad' with 'Educating Rita' which is very flexible and you can write on just about any of the main characters, about 7 of them. 'Johnny Got His Gun' conveys a very distinctive experience which is basically what the question will be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)