How many Skrzynecki Poems? (1 Viewer)

ITimber

HSC
Hello,

I know we need to know and have studied all 8 of the Immigrant Chronical poems by Peter Skrzynecki, but how many do we need to know in details and talk about in our essay or hsc response?
In the past how many of the poems have they expected you to write on?

Thanks

ITimber

HSC
Surely someone can answer this question!

(Both Adv and Std study Peter Skrzyneckis poems!!!)

morganforrest

HSC
Typically you'd want to address 2 Skrzynecki poems in considerable depth. 1 BOS Stimulus text and at least one related text. I only do one, but I do it in considerable depth, others prefer to do two. It really depends on how in depth you go and how much you can write in 40 minutes. In my expereince you're always better off doing less texts in more detail, but I would do at least 2 prescribed poems.

Jonny90

HSC
I learnt all 12 of his poems. Yes there is only 8 but i unlocked the secret stage and found 4 more poems. Trust me ive been there and done that.

Poem 9 - Peter joins "Family Guy"
Poem 10 - Peter got locked up, they wont let him out noooooooo they wont let him out.
Poem 11 - Peter picks up the soap.
Poem 12 - R.I.P

lil dynamyt

HSC
I was told that you should analyse 2 poems in depth, but chuck in some quotes and make references to some of the other poems, because the prescribed text is "the immigrant chronicle" so if you just only talk about 2 poems, you aren't really showing that you've studied to its full extent the prescribed text.

LYSquare

Premium Member
HSC
My English teacher told us before the end of term to choose A Drive in the Country and Immigrants at Central Station which he thinks we are able to do it well. But the thing i'm thinking is that we have only 40 minutes and we got to address one Stimulus booklet text, at least 2 related materials, and 2 Skrzynecki poems, and in depth, how can we do that much.....Like if do those poems, which one should we point out, or not just analysing each stanzas....

55hfyvu87ebf

HSC
we did not need to study all the poems... u really only need to study four in depth, however you only need to write about 2 poems, "Crossing the Red Sea" tends to work with every question, you need one stimulus booklet text and only ONE related text... the related does not need to focus on the immigrant experience as the focus is physical journeys! I am currently doing the HSC but i am also a tutor so i have a good idea on this topic and i am only doin standard becos my tafe doesnt offer advanced... look at the questions on past papers off the (actual) boardofstudies website... trust me it really helps

good luck

Power of One

HSC
N/A
Just a small point this year HSC2008 the Board of Studiesare NOT issuing any stimulus booklets...means more looking for us don't you think

jkylk

HSC
Which poems are popular? Is it better to do popular poems or poems that are seldom chosen by students. I heard crossing the red sea is very popular. What else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)