How many subjects to study a day? (1 Viewer)

just-a-stranger

a humble child of God
HSC
hi all.
i stressed myself out today even though I know i shouldn't.
I just have a question, do u guys only study one subject per day or switch subjects after 2 or 3 hours? what works better for u guys?
During half yearly and trials I only did one subject per day but I can't seem to do it now. I stressed myself out today since i only studied for one subject and it didn't seem like i got through much.:mad1: i don't know.. i guess it's the pressure of the 'real' exam as well..

williamc

HSC
Re: stressed.. as im sure most people are..

Either one subject a day, with a bit of another in the night lightly. Or, 2 throughout the day, and one lightly at night.

Beege

HSC

I'm screwed for maths atm :bomb:

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC

I am incredibly stressed...because i haven't been studying. I'll be going to the library tomorrow...hopefully i'll get something done! But when i do study - i tend to study two subjects a day and if one of those subjects is fairly heavy then i only study that one. :)

Beege said:
I'm screwed for maths atm
Ditto

Last edited:

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC

lol i do two.

a few (2-3) hours of one in the morning
and another few hours of another one in the evening.

or if im really stressing , i`ll cram 3 subjs a day =]

but 2 subjs a day works really well. you get time to relax.

just-a-stranger

a humble child of God
HSC

Beege said:
I'm screwed for maths atm :bomb:
SAME!! =/

--
thanx for the reply guys, i'll try 2 subjects a day then..

sayrah64

HSC

it's best to mix up the subjects in the day. if you do 5 straight hours of one subject, e.g. maths, it'll be harder to remember everything cos you did it in one huge block.
i try to change the subject i am studying every few hours. it also makes studying a bit more interesting cos you aren't learning the same thing all day.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC

sayrah64 said:
it's best to mix up the subjects in the day. if you do 5 straight hours of one subject, e.g. maths, it'll be harder to remember everything cos you did it in one huge block.
i try to change the subject i am studying every few hours. it also makes studying a bit more interesting cos you aren't learning the same thing all day.
Yeah, im trying to get in modern for an hour and then math for 2 - but that may be a bit more effective once i start studying :D

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
well.... for the past 3 days, i've only studied biology. and for the next 3 days i'll only study chemistry.. and that's basically how i've sorted out my timetable. 3 days per subject, then 2 days left to go over stuff before exams begin....

i dunoo... maybe it's not the most effecttive way, but i find that's the best way for me to concentrate and focus... coz when i change subjects, i tend to get confused sometimes... TT_TT"

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
they say that you should alter between subjects each day taht way you dont get bored of it...

is it better to do just past papers for maths?

OR

practice questions/examples in maths textbook covering topic by topic

j vile

HSC
personally i'm more productive when i swap my subjects every, say, 1 hour. it just keeps your brain ticking over instead of getting bored with 1 subject.

beentherdunthat

HSC
Buiboi said:
they say that you should alter between subjects each day taht way you dont get bored of it...

is it better to do just past papers for maths?
YES PAST PAPERS

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, I am doing about two subjects a day. I am trying to go for atleast 5-6 hours. If I do then it'll be the most amount of work I have done this whole year.

kloudsurfer

HSC
It depends on the day for me.
I have forced myself to do maths every day in the morning (on account of it being the subject I need the most practice on), and do between 1-3 subjects in the rest of the day. Today ive only done one because im trying ot finish off my Cold War notes for modern and get them out of the way, but when i get around to doing past papers etc i expect to be doing about 3 subjects.

Anyway, I dont think any way is the universal 'right way' to study anyway. For some people, its one subject a day that works best, for others its 6.

G

gaoOO

i think it's better to study 2-3 subjects a day, rather than 1. I don't think i could handle 5 hours of anything. I need to take breaks every 30 minutes of studying, and i need to take breaks on subjects that often as well. Talk about short attention span...

matorm

HSC
I study 3 a day...
2 hours of one in the morning, then a rest, then 2 hours of another in the middle, then another rest, then two hours of the last at night...

And because i have 6 subjects i just alternate 3 for each day...
Breaks it up so its less repetitive...

Starting 2moro im going to 3 hours blocks of three subjects...
And this may increase to 4 hour blocks by the end of this week (if im really bored lol :p )
I also fill in some spare time i have (in between sessions) with just doing ext 2 maths questions that would typically appear in q's 7 and 8 so i get plenty of practice....

Maths practice papers are sweet.... Beats actually studying... If u dont know how to do something, that's when u consault the notes and learn it lol....
Just about to start 2 hours of modern history......
All the best with study!!! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)