how many techniques in short answer (1 Viewer)

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
wait so i've been told to do the amount of techniques that are 1 less than the mark value. i.e., for a four marker, there should be three techniques.

just confirming whether this is true?

also structure doesn't matter too much in that section right? like particularly for the questions which are of higher marks.

icycledough

HSC
I think this general rule can apply for questions up to 5 marks, but once you get questions which are 7 or 8 marks, it kind of becomes a condensed essay. So you won't need to find 7 techniques for an 8 marker (just because there might not be that many), but your analysis has to be much more thorough with more substance. State the quote, the technique, its effect and how it links to the question (so basically the PEEL structure). If you can repeat this 4-5 times but with a lot of depth and answering the question, that would be appropriate for an 8 marker.

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
waitt so how many examples for a 6 marker would u use?
i was thinking 4-5 but idkkkk
yess i think i would do that

ughhh its so weird, i didn't think about this shit in trials or anything and now i feel like I'm getting in my head and overthinking

Wizjaro

HSC
My general guide is if its a single text, just mark minus 1. If its a double text it depends but its usually a split so 4-5 is 2 per text while 6-7 is 3 per text.

DarkOperator618

HSC
wait so i've been told to do the amount of techniques that are 1 less than the mark value. i.e., for a four marker, there should be three techniques.

just confirming whether this is true?

also structure doesn't matter too much in that section right? like particularly for the questions which are of higher marks.
yeh, my teacher always said

technique = mark value - 1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)