How many texts from stimulus (1 Viewer)

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Just wondering how many texts we shud know from the stimulus? and also how many supplementaries shud we use?

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
lol k for AOS extended response section III

Texts:

1 Prescribed
1 Related from stimulus
1 Related of your own choosing

Example texts (mine):

Away - Play - Michael Gow
Wind in the Willows - Extract - Kenneth Grahame
Beyond Bronte - Documentary - Ray Martin

emca

HSC
one past q I've seen has asked for at at least one related text of your own choosing. I'm planning on having two. That way I can choose which one to use depending on the nature of the question

^emmie^

HSC
you should know 2 of each cause if you look at past papers they say at least one sometimes my teacher said always use ttwo if it says this and if it asks for one then you have a choice of which one suits it better

pyrosis

HSC
yeah, i was told no 2-3 well and if the qn in the exam says at least 1 use 2 to get more marks

shona1990

HSC
I just learnt one. I chose TRNT, which, after looking at past papers, I can twist into applying to any question. I don't see the point in learning more when I don't need to. If they say "at least one", then one is fine. It means you can get more detail in, anyway.

shona1990

HSC
pyrosis said:
yeah, i was told no 2-3 well and if the qn in the exam says at least 1 use 2 to get more marks
Using two isn't gonna get you more marks if you only skim the surface. You'd be better off using one, and having a good, clear understanding, than skimming over two.

Äj

HSC
studies text. stimulus, and related. and maybe one more if you know them all well.
you can do multiple from the stimulus unless stated otherwise.

markers notes for hsc 2006 recomended 3 texts max in most cases, as if you have any more they found that the analysis of each one was not in depth enough and not enough knowledge of each individual one shown. so id recommend only doing only the minimum required unless you are confident in what you already have and can do more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)