How many times have you been wroughted? (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Just wondering how many times you have missed out on a higher grade by one or two marks (i.e. 48-49, 63-64, 73-74, 83-84). It has happened to me three times now (twice I have been two off and once one mark off) and I am starting to get a bit sick of it:p.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Your only grievance about being ripped off might be in cases where they apply percentages to the grades (such as no more then 30% can get D's), but often measure the ranks in terms of outcomes. If this isn't the case, you can't really complain.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
hahah no never happened to me. but i got a 76 so i JUST got a D. so im on the other end of that. kinda thing

lala2

Banned
HSC
Twice already in my first semester of uni! :mad1: One 64 and one 74. Have always been one off in life, and seems uni is no exception......

CandE

HSC
Three times for me last semester. One 73, One 74 and one 84. and an 89.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
They're not really wroughting you. If you get one mark off a HD, for example, then your work was just not HD material. It was a really good D, but something was lacking that prevented it from being an HD. It's more than just a one mark difference.

Still sucks, though. Take it as a learning experience and do better in your next assessment, to make that 1% not drag your average down.

volition

arr.
HSC
scarybunny said:
It's more than just a one mark difference.
haha, not if the final for the subject was all multiple choice :p (I was on 86% before the final too) I ended up with 84 for FINS1612 (the 'introductory' finance subject at UNSW). Still, it's my own fault.

turtleface

HSC
Usually get shitehouse marks, but one of the only times I got a decent mark I got 94.4666666....naturally rounded down.

What made it worse was I felt I got screwed over for the remaining marks...i.e. contentious decisions

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
scarybunny said:
They're not really wroughting you. If you get one mark off a HD, for example, then your work was just not HD material. It was a really good D, but something was lacking that prevented it from being an HD. It's more than just a one mark difference.

Still sucks, though. Take it as a learning experience and do better in your next assessment, to make that 1% not drag your average down.
OMG or like they are constrained to a percentage system which means that the difference between 84 and 85, might be one mark in 220 or so, or they don't scale and it was a one mark difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)