how many trial papers is enough? (1 Viewer)

fridgmagnet

HSC
So I've done around 5 maths papers, 4 modern, multiple essays for each english module (not timed doe) and like 1 past paper for eco (just cause I have a week in between exams before eco so I'm not really focusing on that atm). How many should I be aiming to get through before trials starts on August 18, and how many should I be doing per day?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
An important thing to consider/remember with respect to completing past exam papers is to ensure you are able to identify, understand and work on improving yourself in areas in which you made mistakes. This should be prioritised because completing as many past papers as possible without effectively learning from your mistakes and applying what you've learned to the next paper is not an effective way of preparing for both your trial and HSC exams. However, if you feel you are consistently able to thoroughly determine and work on areas of improvement each time you complete a past paper, then I think you should attempt as many papers as possible, particularly for maths because as mentioned above, each paper may have different and unique questions. In this case, completing as many past exam papers as possible allows you to be exposed to as many types of questions and approaches as possible, which constitutes good preparation for your trial exams.

I hope this helps! 😄

fridgmagnet

HSC
An important thing to consider/remember with respect to completing past exam papers is to ensure you are able to identify, understand and work on improving yourself in areas in which you made mistakes. This should be prioritised because completing as many past papers as possible without effectively learning from your mistakes and applying what you've learned to the next paper is not an effective way of preparing for both your trial and HSC exams. However, if you feel you are consistently able to thoroughly determine and work on areas of improvement each time you complete a past paper, then I think you should attempt as many papers as possible, particularly for maths because as mentioned above, each paper may have different and unique questions. In this case, completing as many past exam papers as possible allows you to be exposed to as many types of questions and approaches as possible, which constitutes good preparation for your trial exams.

I hope this helps! 😄
Yeah, that was one of my concerns, I didn't wanna do a bunch of past papers and end up lost in all the questions. I think I have a good enough understanding of the maths content to just be doing a bunch of questions in order to get prepared for anything. I think with subjects like eco I'll probs have to go over the content a bit before I start cramming past papers. Thanks for the help :)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, that was one of my concerns, I didn't wanna do a bunch of past papers and end up lost in all the questions. I think I have a good enough understanding of the maths content to just be doing a bunch of questions in order to get prepared for anything. I think with subjects like eco I'll probs have to go over the content a bit before I start cramming past papers. Thanks for the help :)
No worries, that sounds like a pretty good strategy. Good luck with your trial exams!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)