How many units are you have in year 12? (1 Viewer)

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
Can someone please clear up this whole "danger" with taking 11 units? Like it halves your score for ATAR or something? My 1u subject is SOR 1U btw.
hsc counts your best 10 units, so if you fk up one 2u subject, that mark gets halved and your 1u subject gets counted

matchalolz

HSC
School won't let me have 10 yet so 12. Although i may end up keeping 12 units...

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
I are have 10 units in year 12

Fiction

HSC
13. Honestly the difficulty associated with extra units is overrated tbh. My school forced year 11 to do 14 units and it's not that bad. Plus anyone with a major work should consider backing up those units.

I know someone who wants to do 15 lol.
Same lol :p

callipygian

HSC
13. Honestly the difficulty associated with extra units is overrated tbh. My school forced year 11 to do 14 units and it's not that bad. Plus anyone with a major work should consider backing up those units.
I did 13 haha, never understood the stigma surrounding it, it's a totally achievable workload and I did gold d of e on top of it

Christofu01

HSC
12, pretty manageable at the moment, even with 3 high content subjects and 4U maths

HSC
I'm on 12 though I'd like to drop to 10 (given how much I dislike my subject selection). Since only your best 10 units "count" towards an ATAR, any extras just act as buffers in case you somehow manage to mess up a subject significantly. So if you do don't do well in one assessment with 10 units, yeah, it's most likely that your ATAR will take a hit.

11 is the best number - although people (teachers) say 12 is the best number, 11 you still have a buffer and it's just enough to make sure you're okay. My school is pedantic about people who have units below 12, hence why I'm staying on 12, but I'm holding out for the day when I can drop an unnecessary subject :) Hope I've helped =]

liamlolz

HSC
So is 1 unit equal to a semester and a 2 unit subject is a full year subject? (Sorry, not a HSC student).
If that's so, than I'll be doing only 9 "units" next year (ATAR in SA is out out 9 units, or 8 before next year). I'm a little worried about having no backup subject, but the only other subject I'd consider doing is Accounting which I think will be on the same line as one of my other subjects, plus I've been advised not to pick up any subjects due to the difficulty of mine. /cry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)