• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How many units for hsc is too much? (1 Viewer)

kayvon

--
HSC
I thought that 12 units was plenty!
like im planning on doing twelve units so if i stuff up a few units, im covered
but like i know ppl who are doing 13! isnt that tooo much?

Last edited:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well your in preliminary so you have to do 12. :p In HSC you can drop down to 10 units if you wish.

13 is quite common to do as usually the 13th unit is someone's extension subject, is that to much no.

As for how many is to many it would depend on you as the student, your skill level, likes and dislikes and the subject: how much work it has, how much study you will need, major projects etc.

yosemite sam

HSC
it definitely depends on the person...even though only 10 count to your uai, some people like to have more on their hsc and if you were capable and wanted that, why wouldnt you? theres a girl in my year doing 16, but she finished 2 last year, and then there are people (like me!) only doing the bare minimum of 10, and only 8 this year cos i finished 2 last year. its up to you and what you feel you are comfortable with and capable of. its not up to others to say youre doing too much or not enough

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Yeah, people carry amounts of units that they are capable of or wish to undertake. Doing 14 myself, although I've already done 2 units last year, and I know people doing higher numbers of units, and I know people doing the minimum amount of units.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
I do 13, well 14 if u count the 0 unit maths ........and i am struggling . I got heaps of other extra crap i have to do as well besides academic work:mad1:

mzduxx2006

HSC
um im doing 13. and it kills. only cause im shyt at chemistry and i know ima fukup so atleast im covered cause i ace every other subject. only reason i dont drop it is cause den i would need 2 do a bridging course and i couldnt be fuked 2 do so.

Peteage

HSC
Im doing 16 units, I think I have been coping reasonably well. However I have had afew off exams, I am not entirally sure if its because ive taken on too much or if I just had off exams.

HSC
N/A
I'd say 16 or over's getting too bad... otherwise it's okay if you accelerate. I should have 14 or 15.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
15+

I'm doing 13, the most amount of units at my school, i'm doing alright.

ellen.louise

HSC
11 cause I dropped one about two weeks ago.

Still don't get how people can force themselves to do 16 units... Must kill! Do people go crazy from that?

knoobs.

HSC
I'm doing 15 units now and it's actually not too bad...so far.

I guess it's better to do a lot of units now in Year 11 because you then have more choices about what to drop going into year 12 and don't get stuck in a subject you really don't want to be doing.

cs01001

HSC
I wish I could do more subject and open up more choices for myself, unfortunately the school timetable cannot fit all that in, so Yeah...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)