• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How many units? (1 Viewer)

superle

HSC
Im trying 13 units & I don't like the idea of 10units.
Maybe cause our principal has been threatening to shoot us down if we do 10units haha. but to do 10 units you have to be really into your subjects, and for people like me who aren't that interested in any can't work with that.

Backups rule :)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
x.Exhaust.x said:
How does 11 units work again in the HSC?
They split your units in half and then add them I think (no idea how that is supposed to work).

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
If you're doing 11 units and a 2unit subject is the weakest, they split that 2unit subject into 1 unit (ie. half your aggregate score).

If the 1unit subject is the weakest, well it's obvious.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
tommykins said:

Then by your same logic 12 units is risky as you may get a lower mark in a subject than if you were to do 10 units ?
fine you win tommykins >:|

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
wendus said:
fine you win tommykins >:|
Haha, it's just my opinion. People can do 12 units if they like, I guess I'm lucky enough to enjoy my subjects to be able to do 10.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
i guess you're doing pretty well then. but the one thing i learnt from year 12 is that NOTHING EVER GOES TO PLAN. e.g. i planned to have DT has my weakest subject because it scales down like crazy. but you know, my ext 1 maths is pretty shocking right now ):

12o9

HSC
Aplus said:
They split your units in half and then add them I think (no idea how that is supposed to work).
Each unit is out of 50, I think. So if you get 90 in Chemistry, each unit is 45. (which is pretty much what you've said)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)