How many university applications are allowed? (1 Viewer)

moonsuyoung

HSC
Hi!
I was wondering how many universities/courses are Year 12 students allowed to pick to go into university?

jimmysmith560

Le PhΓ©nix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
In terms of a standard UAC application, you can apply for a maximum of 5 programs (whether single degrees or double degrees) and to up to 5 universities.

However, a standard UAC application (i.e. through uac.edu.au) is not the only way through which you can apply for a university degree(s). Some universities allow you to apply directly to them, typically as part of an early entry scheme that they offer. Such universities include:
  • WSU - westernsydney.uac.edu.au
  • UTS - uts.uac.edu.au
  • MQ - mq.uac.edu.au
I hope this helps! πŸ˜„

kkk579

hello
HSC
In terms of a standard UAC application, you can apply for a maximum of 5 programs (whether single degrees or double degrees) and to up to 5 universities.

However, a standard UAC application (i.e. through uac.edu.au) is not the only way through which you can apply for a university degree(s). Some universities allow you to apply directly to them, typically as part of an early entry scheme that they offer. Such universities include:
  • UTS - uts.uac.edu.au
  • MQ - mq.uac.edu.au
I hope this helps! πŸ˜„
is it 5 programs in total or 5 per uni?

jimmysmith560

Le PhΓ©nix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
is it 5 programs in total or 5 per uni?
5 programs in total in the case of a standard UAC application. The actual number of universities that a student may apply for may be different for each student. For example, a student may apply for 5 programs that constitute a mix of programs offered at USyd and UNSW (or other universities). This can be illustrated as follows (the numbers indicate the order of preference):
  1. Bachelor of Commerce - USyd
  2. Bachelor of Economics - UNSW
  3. Bachelor of Arts - UNSW
  4. Bachelor of Science - USyd
  5. Bachelor of Business - UTS
In this particular example, the student applied for 5 programs and to 3 different universities.

moonsuyoung

HSC

• UTS - uts.uac.edu.au
  • MQ - mq.uac.edu.au
I hope this helps! πŸ˜„
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
Ah yes, bc its all bells and whistles for you guys.
Cant keep the simple things in life smh :hammer:

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
sydney (or australia really) is not a place i would like to live the rest of my life in after coming here in '15. (mainly bcz i cannot see myself being able to afford property here, no matter the ATAR)
You could always just buy ur own island like mrbeast did

kkk579

hello
HSC
sydney (or australia really) is not a place i would like to live the rest of my life in after coming here in '15. (mainly bcz i cannot see myself being able to afford property here, no matter the ATAR)
curious as to what country u came from

moonsuyoung

HSC
Year 12 students are typically allowed to apply to a limited number of universities and courses through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC). The exact number of universities and courses that a student can apply to may depend on the student's individual circumstances and the specific requirements of the universities and courses in question.
Generally, students in New South Wales can apply to a maximum of 5 course preferences through UAC.
It's important to note that the number of courses a student can apply to doesn't necessarily mean the number of offers they will receive. Offers are based on the student's ATAR score and the cutoff score for each course.
It's also worth noting that many universities in Australia have their own separate application processes, so students may also apply directly to specific universities or courses outside of UAC. So i mean you could technically apply for more than 5
It's highly recommended that students to do their research on the universities and courses they are interested in, and reach out to the universities for more information on the application process.
Thank you so much!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)