• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How many went to TAFE > UNI? (1 Viewer)

asdf

HSC
Im just wondering how many did it? Any one went from TAFE then transfered to uni to do an engineering course (specifically computer or sw engineering)? If so then can u please tell me what course u did in tafe and how long it took? Im looking at TAFE courses for comp/electric engineering and all say that i need something like 3+ years industry experience (WTF?).

Also, is there a speciffic TAFE to get into for a specific UNI (UTS or UNSW)?

Thank You very much. Im really stressed about this, any help would be GREATLY appreciated. :(

johnwoo

There are lots of tafe students that try to transfer into uni after a year in a similar tafe course, quite a number are successful, but only for low demand courses. I know of lots of ppl who transfer into UWS from tafe, a few better tafe performers get into mac. I've never met or heard of anyone transferring into UTS, UNSW or USYD from tafe without several years in tafe (and probably industry.exp too) but its probably been done. Most people who plan to transfer into these unis go through UWS.

Originally posted by asdf

Also, is there a speciffic TAFE to get into for a specific UNI (UTS or UNSW)?
It doesn't really matter which tafe you go to.

A better chance of entry would be through the corresponding colleges. There are colleges which charge about $11k upwards (alot more for international students) for a year of studies equivalent to 1st year uni. The UTS college is called Insearch and the MacU one is called SIBT.

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
Approximately 10% of UTS is from Tafe. (Stats from DEST).

Generally most unis will have a 'college' etc for disadvantaged students.
A lot of unis have articulation agreements with local unis.

I know in Canberra ANU and UC both have agreements with CIT (Tafe).

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Why don't you check www.shafston.edu, it only costs $6k equivalent to HECS fees but upfront payment, is in Brisbane but the good thing is you get direct entry into 2nd year if you pass all units, but i'm not sure if they have your preference i know they have Commerce and Business, and laws.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)