How many words for a 6min Speech? (1 Viewer)

minnie3

HSC
Ive tried reading it out loud to time it but i get different times each go!!!

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Lets approximate 2 words a second.

2 x 60 = 120wpm

120wpm x 6m = 720 words

Riviet

HSC
N/A
It depends on how fast you read/speak; try to keep to a certain pace when you're doing your speech. Take a brief between new themes or topics or rhetorical questions if you have any.

P

pLuvia

I had 507 words for 3mins so double that about 1000 words? depends on your reading speed

blueyez

HSC
921 words got me 6 minutes and 2 seconds, but as pLuvia and Riviet have said, it depends on how fast you read.

when i practice my speeches, i record myself saying them (even though that might sound a bit weird) listen to it and practice the pace and pauses that work within the time frame. (hope that made sense... it works for me)

just a note; make sure you time yourself reading the speech out loud, this may sound stupid but i tried to time a speech while i read it im my head, thinking it would be the same. it wasnt.

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
921 words got me 6 minutes and 2 seconds, but as pLuvia and Riviet have said, it depends on how fast you read.

when i practice my speeches, i record myself saying them (even though that might sound a bit weird) listen to it and practice the pace and pauses that work within the time frame. (hope that made sense... it works for me)

just a note; make sure you time yourself reading the speech out loud, this may sound stupid but i tried to time a speech while i read it im my head, thinking it would be the same. it wasnt.
And don't read your speech like you are being chased by a dog. Slow down and let your teacher understand what you are trying to say. I think 100 words per minute would be more than enough, unless you are very confident on what you will talk about. Too much information has lost me some marks in my last speech.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)