How Much Did You BOW Cost? (1 Viewer)

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
How Much Did Your BOW Cost?

Just wondering how much everyone spent on their works, as I have seen some high figures flying around.

I probably spent about $300-350 in the end, and I did everything as cheaply as I could as it came out of my pocket.

I had to buy wood which cost about $120, and that was uncut, i had to cut it all up myself, which i had never done before.

Then there was printing the photos. Even though i was working digitally and editing all my photos myself, i still printed off about 400, when i only used 160 in the end.

Last edited:

millicent

i think my BOW ending up costing around $400-$450. and yeah, i tried to minimise costs as much as i could. i had 19 individual pieces and i mounted all of them myself with wood, perspex and bolts so that saved a bit. and i printed off my photos at home with my little champ of a canon printer. all i really paid for was the materials.

it's scary how much some people say they spent...

leeoh

HSC
$20 :D on paper that's it...used all pencil and some ink for my major

trina233

oh..hahaha
HSC
with art i bought 4 long and narrow canvases about $60, & 2 smaller ones $15 and alot of paints and pva glue.. $20, and black +white photo development $30. so we're looking at, $125.. the great news is, my school looking at buying it after it may get into art express.. or not.
It isn't alot compared to you poor photographers and digital guys, shit. I happily spend money on art supplys, but up to $700- $900 is unbelievable.

I'd also hate to think how much i used of our school art department supplys, alot of paints and brushes, its great they're so oblivious and airy fairy. aha ha.

-i'll post some pics, i haven't yet, of my C.O.W's, if anyone wants to comment or decipher this mystery (or predictable) theme.. mine is based around homelessness, and I took the photographs which I adapated & intertextualised into painting in Kingscross. I had 5 paintings, and a sculpture peice.
*oh and chris.l, your animation is amazing, i hope you follow that path into uni or an art school, I don't know what the markers were thinking by not nominating you.
I'm sure alot of are in this same boat, but don't dis hearten, think of van gogh who never sold a painting.. :)

penciltron

HSC
haha u guys r CRAZY
i think i spent a hundred or so on mount boards...and i didnt have a choice in using them for my major work. (couldnt be bothered to go into it)
so yeah probably 100-200 i think...and i thought that was heaps geeez...but then again i must have spent about 120 ish hours on it..labour of love i say!

sampognetta

HSC
i went for the "found objects" style of art.
very cheap
i drove around and tore the doors off fridges and used the doors as a canvas.
i ended up collecting about 8 sets of fridge-freezer doors and i only ended up using 3 for my final submission.
i had to use enamel paints because the doors are made of metal.
the enamels were about $30
i also had some photography in there that cost about$20.
in the end it turned out just as i had imagined.
i am very pleased.
$50 all up

Gummy_bear

HSC
sampognetta said:
i went for the "found objects" style of art.
very cheap
i drove around and tore <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=the%20doors" onmouseover="window.status='the doors'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">the doors</a> off fridges and used the doors as a canvas.
i ended up collecting about 8 sets of <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=fridge%20freezer" onmouseover="window.status='fridge-freezer'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">fridge-freezer</a> doors and i only ended up using 3 for my final submission.
i had to use enamel paints because the doors are made of metal.
the enamels were about $30
i also had some photography in there that cost about$20.
in the end it turned out just as i had imagined.
i am very pleased.
$50 all up
ooh, that sounds really interesting. please post up some pic if you have them ^^
that reminds me of in year 9 art we had to make a sculpture of an animal using only found objects, the teacher suggested that we drive around looking for council pick ups. lol.
Did anyone else use random objects in thier bow? it sounds like a very unique and interesting idea. i only wish i had chosen art instead of drama, which i ended up doing costume design for anyway instead of performance. i think i would of goten a much better mark considereing i find painting and stuff a lot easier than learning lines. lol

shortie_689

HSC
I spent a crazy amount on mine maybe like 800 or something but it paid off i worked damn hard an got a good mark an into art express so i was really happy

rushki

HSC
shortie_689 said:
I spent a crazy amount on mine maybe like 800 or something but it paid off i worked damn hard an got a good mark an into art express so i was really happy
do you have photos?

ghostofme

HSC
very cheap.... no more than 30 bucks me thinks
i used up as much material as i could from the industrial and visual arts departments
hey, i pay fees every year for a reson, to use the supplies, and so i did
who cares if i slightly abused this freedom to materials...i outa school now and i wanted to make the art teachers suffer having to buy more of the really expensive materials i used up! Mwa ha ha ha ha!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)