How much did you write? (1 Viewer)

hYperTrOphY

HSC
How much did everyone write for this exam?

I was quite angry with the amount of room they gave us! There was nowhere near enough lines! It took me half an hour after the exam finished before I could leave, because the ladies were stapling booklets and writing "continue to next book" etc...It made it all confusing, time consuming and increases the probabilty that answers will be lost.

I filled the lines for both (A) questions for the cores and wrote about 4 pages for each of the (B) [possibly more than that for core 2 b].

In the options, I wrote 8 pages for Sport and Physical Activity in Aus Society, and 9 pages for Improving Performance. However, I would say that a lot of it will be irrelevent in part B for IP.

neafoo

HSC
27 pages. my writing is pretty big though.

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
{for options}
1 page for both 5 markers
2 and a bit for part b sport med
4 and a half for part b improving peformance

= 9 pages total /about 8 words per line

mcbec

HSC
hYperTrOphY said:
I was quite angry with the amount of room they gave us! There was nowhere near enough lines! It took me half an hour after the exam finished before I could leave, because the ladies were stapling booklets and writing "continue to next book" etc...It made it all confusing, time consuming and increases the probabilty that answers will be lost.

I filled the lines for both (A) questions for the cores and wrote about 4 pages for each of the (B) [possibly more than that for core 2 b].
they give that amount of space for a reason, it indicates how much they want you to talk about it. One of the PE teachers at my skool has done PE HSC marking and she says the ones with extra booklets for the core sections are dreaded and do not increase chance for higher marks because they are often jsut a lot of extra writing on the question that could have been said in 1 - 2 pages. She said if u arent able to fit ur answer on the space provided then you have written too much. The exam not only tests our knowledge of the parts of the course, it tests our ability to cut down and summarise the large content that we know. I mean, i could've written 10 pages on strategies for motivation, anxiety, arousal, etc, and sure, you know heaps about what the question asks and u wanna impress the marker, but but the skill is actually getting what you kno, writing it straight to the point and being able to do it in the amount of space they want you to. If they didnt care how much you rote for it, they would just give everyone writing booklets rather than answering it on the sheet.

Sarah_Lou

hsc ova
HSC
yeh. my teachers always told us to stay within the space they give you - so i wrote REALLY small, and took up all the room on tha page.
for for the options i did:
sports med:
a) 3 pgs
b) about 5 i think
improv. performnace:
a) 2 pages
b) 6 pages

hYperTrOphY

HSC
mcbec said:
they give that amount of space for a reason, it indicates how much they want you to talk about it. One of the PE teachers at my skool has done PE HSC marking and she says the ones with extra booklets for the core sections are dreaded and do not increase chance for higher marks because they are often jsut a lot of extra writing on the question that could have been said in 1 - 2 pages. She said if u arent able to fit ur answer on the space provided then you have written too much. The exam not only tests our knowledge of the parts of the course, it tests our ability to cut down and summarise the large content that we know. I mean, i could've written 10 pages on strategies for motivation, anxiety, arousal, etc, and sure, you know heaps about what the question asks and u wanna impress the marker, but but the skill is actually getting what you kno, writing it straight to the point and being able to do it in the amount of space they want you to. If they didnt care how much you rote for it, they would just give everyone writing booklets rather than answering it on the sheet.
Well, you won't lose marks for writing too much, so I really don't see any problem. If I stayed within the provided lines I would have finished over half an hour early.

Chelski

I did stay within the lines. Filled up every single one, and finished 40 mins early.

As for the booklets, I did 8 pages for Sports Medicine, and 9 and a half for Improving Performance.

mcbec

HSC
hYperTrOphY said:
Well, you won't lose marks for writing too much, so I really don't see any problem. If I stayed within the provided lines I would have finished over half an hour early.
yes, thats the reason majority of people do finish early... out of 12 at my skool who do PE, only 3 of us stayed till 5pm... people either finish early or they just spend more time riting stuff for the option questions.... it is quite a short exam for those who can write at an average or above average speed.

and, altho it is very rare, you can lose marks for riting too much... only if u go way over the top of course, like if u rite an extra 3 or 4 pages... that would be silly. coz markers just dont want to read all that. they want an answer that answers the question straight to the point, and says what it needs to say in smallest amount of space possible. HSC markers will prefer a 15/15 answer that is done in two pages rather than one that is done in 3 or 4, that couldve been done in 2. anyway its just better if u can stick to the space, its less hassle for both you and the marker.

neafoo

HSC
i was sorta worried about writing alot for section one
i have big writing and i i filled the lines quickly... and i noticed the booklet didnt have the circle to tie string through and it said "answer the questions in the allocated spaces" so i thought they were kinda discourgeing us from writing more, but in the end i wrote more for a couple of em.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)