How much did your girl/boy "cost" ? (1 Viewer)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
It seems in a typical relationship, guys tend to buy girls gifts, flowers, take her to movies and show affection to her in many different ways they can afford.
It seems as though the girl is being "literally" bought ...

Then the girls either in return love him, offer a next stage of relationship (i.e sex), or even worse dump him because she only wants money (I hope this isn't often the case) ...

Just how much did you spend on your gf/bf and what did you get out of it ?

nwatts

HSC
that's got to be the worst philosophy in the entire world. pouring money into someone in an attempted to be repaid in other areas seems like a sure fire way to ruin the relationship.

girls love their partners depending on how much they're bought stuff? wtf?

and to answer your question, i'd spend money on her if i had it. but at the moment i have less than none, which i hate like a bitch, so it means i'm fairly tight when it comes to money and stuff.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
haha i cant say she cost anything but i bought a fair few coffees in the pre relationship stage :p

bubbly

HSC
U totally don't find that in a typical relationship nemore where the guy will buy the girl things & pay 2 take her places.:( Quite often it is found that they either have 2 pay 4 themselves or the cost price is halfed. I have 2 admit that u do sumtimes find ppl who will buy stuff 4 their bf/gf & expect nothin in return but that is very rare, especially in relationships between young ppl:)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
bubbly said:
U totally don't find that in a typical relationship nemore where the guy will buy the girl things & pay 2 take her places.:( Quite often it is found that they either have 2 pay 4 themselves or the cost price is halfed. I have 2 admit that u do sumtimes find ppl who will buy stuff 4 their bf/gf & expect nothin in return but that is very rare, especially in relationships between young ppl:)
My relationships have tended to be I'll pay when I have money, and she'll do the same when she has money, and it probably balances out, dunno cause I don't anally keep tabs on these things.

celene123

HSC
i dont think that buying a gift is a chore, it should be something you enjoy doing because you think that the other person will like it, if you need to return the favour of a gift with another gift or sex then it clearly not together for a real reason

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
loool
i bought him a $150 birthday present last week.. and my birthday is in 4 months, lets see if the relationship lasts that long to see what he gets me

haha

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
DrownTheCrow said:
thats reasonable!!!
did you have discount coupons or something?
Fresh off the boat, warehouse discounts, cut out the middle man

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
ahhh i knew there was a catch
see im all about supporting the home grown industry :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Ahh, its a bit too rich for my pockets, can't support the three kids AND pay for a good time/company. Perhaps once Centrelink approve my welfare, then I can splurge a little

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
best of luck with that buddy
i have some connections ill see what i can do, and you can trust me to keep the dabbling in soliciting quiet ;)

Darkening

HSC
I dont normally buy things, we spend out money to make memories eg.Eastershow alone at night, just the two of us.. etc... or goin to the beach (dont cost much but we try to do stuff so it lasts a lifetime)

What I get out of it?? Knowing that she doesnt love me for my money, but for who I am and what we do.

shane-o

HSC
N/A
I bought a fair few hot chocolates/coffees, lunch while we were in the starting of the relationship and just seeing eachother. She lived in avalon and I lived in seaforth so I guess petrol costs can be included in that. Now we go halves but I pay for her occasionally as well still

wolvemistress

HSC
The first thing that my boyfriend seriously bought me was a DVD player for my 17th birthday.
And for his 19th i got him a ring.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Classy, did he take you out to a night at Maccas as well?

Mr_Shrimp

HSC
Darkening said:
I dont normally buy things, we spend out money to make memories eg.Eastershow alone at night, just the two of us.. etc... or goin to the beach (dont cost much but we try to do stuff so it lasts a lifetime)

What I get out of it?? Knowing that she doesnt love me for my money, but for who I am and what we do.
Eastershow..alone..just the two of us..

What a paradox..

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i have been so tempted to buy him concert tickets just because i know he wants to go but cant afford it. problem is i cant afford it either haha :shy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)