How much do i need to improve upon? (1 Viewer)

omicron

im in Killara High which i think is considerably a pretty good school

Ive' been dropping in ranks n marks.. i don't know why, maybe jus me.

I'll be in a jack-load of crap with my dad if i dont get into MQ,UTS,USyd or UNSW. I've applied for courses which are like business n stuff, and basicly i have to get above 80 UAI. Is this possible with these marks & ranks atm? I will be pushin myself n goin all out these final weeks.

As i was banned from going to graduation due to sum gay ass muck up day incident, i havent got my report card but from what i remember my teachers told me here are the final marks n ranks.
The marks are in the range of 3-5 and ranks should be right.

English (standard) = 60 23/70 ( dropped from top 5)
Gen Maths = 63 25/74 (dropped from rank 2)
Business = 65 39/78 (dropped from rank 7)
Ancient Hist = 67 20/35
IT : Multimedia = 92 4/21

I believe in the HSC English i should get above 85, maths above 87, business above 80s and ancient as well as long as i work hard now.

From those marks there, say if i get high 80s or low 90s in the external, is it still possible for me to get above 80 UAI??
And if not possible, whut kinda marks do i need in the external to get above 80 UAI

Thanks in advance for all the help, im really stressin out like hell now... worst case scenario at least get into any course in Macq n transfer... but i wanna know where im headed.

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Considering that you go to a good school, I think that you will get
in your 80s if you pull your finger out and do relatively well in your hsc...

EDIT: Don't stress, and don't tryin calculate what you need in each
subject to get into your 80s... Just work, and kill every subject...
Hope this helps, and good luck!

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
If you believe that you will get those marks in the HSC exam as you stated, 80's will definitely be achievable.

omicron

so my HSC mark will make all the difference?
as in i can possibly achieve 85 UAI?
or is it too late?

Dash, i duno whut u considered good skewl but Killara is number 50 i think.

I thought it would be very difficult to achieve above 80s since my marks n ranks have already been quite bad.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Well, your HSC mark consists of the average of your assessment mark + HSC exam mark.

So getting a HSC mark all above band 5 as you have stated will definitely get you a UAI above 85.

Also, just a note, that because you are doing standard English, I think maybe only 1 person ever got a band 5 as their HSC mark and zero got band 6 in 2002.

I think at the moment you probably won't get a band 5 for English as it is really hard.

You should purchase the UAISeeker if you want to play around with marks and see what type of UAI you can obtain. It's far more easier using it than getting us to explain.

omicron

by ur proffesional analysis skills :D, whut are my chances of getting 80 or 85 rage

and im doing 3 badly scaled subjects...
std english, gen maths, it: multimedia

and also if i say average of assesments are 65 + external average of 85
dat only gives me 75...

omicron

i also forgot to say,
umm i believe its quite impossible to get 90 UAI even if i kill the external, but if i do sorta kill it, above 80 should be in my reach??

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Yes, Above 80 is in your reach. You just need to perform well in the HSC to achieve it.

Everything will depends on this last exam.

omicron

thnx rage
how well do u consider well?
above 80s??
and is it easy to transfer from course to course in unis? pref mac uni
but since mac is cutting down 900 places, im kinda worried if above 80 would get me newhere

also
how badly scalled is gen maths , std eng n it: multimedia u rekon

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
You are ranked pretty good in Multimedia...
So it looks ad though you will do well in that for your hsc...
So I would say that subject won't be badly scaled considering
you don't completely screw up that hsc exam...

As for Std Eng and Gen Maths... I would think that an aligned
mark of 80 would get you a scaled mark of around 65-70???
Correct me someone if Im wrong...

omicron

i dun really understand all this jargon
but back to the point, rage dont be nice, tell me the truth
and all of u out there
is it possible for me to get above 80%?
or is there only a slim chance

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I'm not trying to be nice, I'm trying to give my best opinion.

I can't say that you will, but I can say it's not out of your reach. As said, it depends on your final exam. You have to work very hard for it though.

omicron

yea so sayin i get all above 80 for all 5 subjects i should be fine? for 80 UAI?
and say as bad as it can get, i could get above 75?

and in another post softuarial sayin being in the top half of the class is good and dats basicly all my ranks except ancient.
i tot my ranks were really crap??

Last edited:

omicron

dash n badger n everyone else
is high 80's low 90s still achievable?
whut kinda UAI do u reckon i would land into most chances if i score >83 for all 5 subjects in external

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
firstly omicron, we need to just calm down... many people suffer from performance anxiety when they fuck up their trials (believe me, i was one). you've got to realise, in these final weeks, you're not doing this HSC to meet your father's expectations, you're doing them for yourself because you *really really* wanna cane this piece of shit called the HSC and get into business or commerce.

once you've gotten over your past performance, of which you can do nothing about, gotten over that stage of grief, accept it; trials is finished, done, ka-pish. you've already completed half of your HSC, and you feel that you haven't done so well. but do remember, that another half is yet to be done, and if you let yourself get all depressed and anxious, you're not going to be able to focus enough to get a good externals.

it's good to tell yourself you can do well, but the substance is to show yourself that you can. if you need reassurance, 80s is definitely possible, you just need to disconnect from the forums now, and put yourself into a consistent pattern of study from now to whenever your HSC ends.

my best wishes go with you,
cheers,
Frigid. :)

^___^
HSC
business at maq is 80??

business admin is like 90+..

b bus b eng is 88 in uts and thats the lowest so far

omicron

nah B eBusiness last year was 82.90 but as 900 places r being cut im getting ver worried
im summarising/studyin all my work now
everyday i go to library about 10/11 and leave around 5/6 den continue studyin at 8-10.30
so i mean i cant study for more den 10 hours.. not dat kinda person.. need sum relaxation :p

do any of you know if its difficult to change courses in Mac Uni??
and no one has anaswered me yet, is it too late to get 90?

[WILL_wang]

fuck man..how do u study that much?!!...
its realli puttin me off!!

i beeb given an uai estimate of abt 97............n im onli doing 4 hrs a day....i did liek 1hr today.....

im gonna b fucked now...huh???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)