• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how much do you save/spend? (2 Viewers)

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
I earn about $500 a week, but I get paid monthly, which screws me over majorly.

After deducting $200 for transport a month, $220 board p/month and paying my phone bills, insurance etc....

I just end up spending the rest... on something... I don't know what...

I have an inability to save and this isn't helped by the stupid monthly pay thing. :(

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
I earn about $100 a week and I spend about $100 a month so I'm saving about $75 every week. But when I want something really bad of course I will just totally spurlge out. I bought a digital camera and a memory card last month and that cost me $300 all up

HSC
So let's say I work 15 hours on average per week.
So that's 225. After tax it's about 200.

So I'm guessing I'll spend about $150 on clothes/ going out/ food, $14 on my weekly train ticket, $20 for staff meals at work and $50-$200 on random crap (magazines, taxis, CDs, DVDs, earrings, saving up for clothes/electronics/whatever, scratchies, friends birthday presents etc.)

Damn. No wonder i'm going broke.
Am broke.
Whatever.

*attacks credit card, only to order a replacement: $20*

ebsha

HSC
Im an impulse spender :( which is making it really hard to save for a car.

I get bout $100 a week. $20 gets spent on food at the school canteen. $30 goes on credit for my phone. And then i buy whatever i see that looks nice.

Like this week, i got paid $150 cos i worked an extra shift. I bought credit for my phone, so i was down to $120. Bought some nice wool and knitting needles cos im knittin myself a beanie and scarf, so that was $10. Then i went crazy at Tree Of Life and bought a skirt ($50) and some candles ($15), leaving me with $45. Then i stupidly went past the shoe store that was having a clearance sale and fell in love with a pair of boots that cost me $33.

So of $150, i have $12 left to put into savings/spend on random crap.

:(

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I make between $100 and $400 a week. I get paid in cash and I take that money and put it in an envelope in my room. When I need money for petrol, parking at uni, food/drinks etc I take it out. I probably end up saving the majority of what I make or pretty close to it.
shouldn;t u put it in a bank :eek:

asscookie

dork.
HSC
I have to spend most of my YA on bills (food, water, electricity, phone, internet, paying off my computer, medications etc). The small amount that's left over is saved for other things like doctor's appointments, clothes etc.

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
Well Im about to quit my job because Big W are fuckwits so I spend nothing and save nothing, i have $2000 in the bank and need to buy a car at the end of the year, my parents are going to double whatever i save to buy a car though so that would be a $4000 car. Solely living off about $50-100 per week that I make on ebay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)